ATLANTA & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OutSystems, provider of the number one platform for low-code development, today announced the release of multiple new DevOps features that help enterprise IT shops realize the benefits of low-code development — a key driver for digital transformation.
According to Gartner, “DevOps can deliver compelling business advantages, but many organizations struggle to start, or restart, an initiative due to uncertainty about how to approach the transformation.” *Gartner, DevOps — Eight Simple Steps to Get It Right, George Spafford and Ian Head, October 9, 2017
Enterprise IT struggles with established DevOps toolchains for their legacy platforms, making it harder for them to adopt new technologies. OutSystems can now be easily integrated into these toolchains to allow seamless deployments across legacy technologies and modern low-code platforms.
New capabilities include:
- Enhanced LifeTime Deployment API - The Deployment API allows the management of applications, modules, environments and deployments of an OutSystems infrastructure. This allows DevOps teams to use their existing DevOps orchestration platforms to manage the lifecycle of applications built on and running within OutSystems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services Integration - Leveraging the Enhanced LifeTime Deployment API, OutSystems is announcing a supported VSTS Extension in the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace, which allows organizations to manage builds and releases of OutSystems applications through VSTS.
“OutSystems wants all organizations to take advantage of the development speed of low-code - this is fundamental to them achieving their digital transformation goals,” said Paulo Rosado, CEO of OutSystems. “Where organizations have an existing investment in DevOps tooling, we want to break any barriers to entry and make it easy to add our platform into their toolchain.”
“As organizations seek to drive digital transformation, they may adopt low-code platforms that accelerate delivery of enterprise applications,” said Paula Panarra, general manager at Microsoft Portugal at Microsoft Corp. “Collaborating with OutSystems is a win-win for organizations embracing DevOps and balancing the need to innovate with the need to maintain legacy applications.”
Additional product updates include:
- Jenkins CI/CD Server Integration - A supported extension to enable the management of OutSystems application lifecycles with the popular open source Jenkins continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling in a DevOps operation.
- OutSystems LifeTime DevOps Advanced Deployment Options - Functional enhancements granting more flexibility when planning deployments and improved user interface to search and select applications to be deployed, useful for DevOps teams managing large environments with hundreds or thousands of applications deployed.
- Test Framework - Test Framework is a test management tool that allows automation and orchestration of Unit Testing using BDD Framework Tests, UI Tests, API Testing and Mobile Testing, enhancing collaboration between development, QA, and operations departments.
Thousands of customers worldwide trust OutSystems, the number one low-code platform for rapid application development. Engineers with an obsessive attention to detail crafted every aspect of the OutSystems platform to help organizations build enterprise-grade apps and transform their business faster. OutSystems is the only solution that combines the power of low-code development with advanced mobile capabilities, enabling visual development of entire application portfolios that easily integrate with existing systems. Visit us at www.outsystems.com, or follow us on Twitter @OutSystems or LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/outsystems. Explore careers at OutSystems.