BROOKLYN, NY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--West Elm announced today that its new Ardmore, PA store will open on Sunday, October 29 at 11 a.m. in Suburban Square, the historic Art Deco shopping center. Located at 40 East Montgomery Ave., the 12,000 sq. ft. store will bring approximately 30 jobs to the area. Committed to making an impact on local communities, West Elm will sell an assortment of items crafted by 11 Pennsylvania-based makers and designers alongside the store’s holiday assortment of home furnishings and decor. West Elm will also offer Williams-Sonoma, Inc.’s cross-brand design consultation program Design Crew, which pairs customers with experts who can provide design, installation and registry services.
“Suburban Square has stood as an epicenter of shopping, dining, and social events for the Main Line community for nearly 90 years,” said West Elm president Alex Bellos. “We are proud to join its legacy and support Ardmore’s local economy of small businesses, artists, galleries and shops through our LOCAL program, pop-up shops, and community workshops.”
A selection of locally made products by 11 makers and artisans based in Pennsylvania will be a part of the West Elm Ardmore LOCAL assortment including:
- Asarum Design: Handcrafted metal wall vases and hanging planters made in Philadelphia
- Brian Geniewski: Ceramic dishes, vases and planters with unique pastel color details made in Philadelphia
- Collarbone Jewelry: Nature-inspired minimalist necklaces made in Pittsburgh
- Frankadelphia: Philadelphia-inspired coasters, greeting cards and wooden bottle openers made in Philadelphia
- Lovett Sundries: Fine crafted, all-natural soaps and grooming products made in Pittsburgh
- Peg + Awl: Handcrafted leather lunch bags, wooden serving boards and pinch bowls made from recovered treasures in Philadelphia
- Sapling Press: Playful letterpress greeting cards for all occasions made in Pittsburgh
- Sweet Water Decor: Colorful pens with motivational phrases designed in Pittsburgh
- Three Potato Four: Vintage-inspired and Philadelphia-themed felt pennant made in Philadelphia
- West Oak Design: Sustainably handcrafted serving bowls and hanging planters made from rope in Wyndmoor
- Wild Hart Paper: Hand-illustrated and lettered greeting cards and wrapping paper designed in Doylestown
West Elm looked to the rich architectural history of Philadelphia both for inspiration and materials for the new store’s design. The back cash wrap celebrates the stately architecture of Philadelphia’s Main Line with a shadowbox-style installation. Displayed within the shadowbox are design elements often seen in neighborhood homes including pressed tin, stick-and-ball wooden screens and ornate heating gates. The store’s Design Crew area is furnished with a table, credenza, and design console topped with marble reclaimed from the 1997 rehabilitation of Independence Mall, a patriotic landmark located steps from the Liberty Bell.
On Sunday, October 29, the first 300 shoppers with a $50 minimum purchase will receive a limited-edition tote bag designed by Philadelphia-based artist Frankadelphia. For up-to-date information on in-store promotions and events, customers are encouraged to “like” the West Elm Ardmore store on Facebook: www.facebook.com/West-Elm-Ardmore and follow the store on Instagram: @westelmardmore. West Elm Ardmore is open Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. The store’s address is 40 East Montgomery Avenue, Unit 2, Ardmore, PA 19003 and the phone number is (610) 649-2948.
In support of the local community, West Elm will make a donation to Main Line Art Center, a local nonprofit that provides a place for people of all ages, abilities and economic means to discover, create and experience art.
About West Elm
Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY since 2002, West Elm opened its first store in DUMBO, the neighborhood it still proudly calls home. With a mission of harnessing the power of design and human connection to enrich lives, everything West Elm does is designed to make an impact in everyday life, from creating unique, affordable designs for modern living and its commitment to Fair Trade Certified, LOCAL and handcrafted products, to community-driven collaborations and events. The brand operates 105 retail stores in the United States, Australia, Canada and the UK, ships internationally to customers around the world and has unaffiliated franchisees that operate stores in Mexico, the Middle East, Philippines and South Korea. In addition to home furnishings retail, West Elm operates West Elm Workspace in the commercial furnishings industry and announced its expansion into the travel and hospitality industry with the launch of West Elm Hotels. West Elm publishes the blog Front+Main and is part of an active community on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube. West Elm is a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM) portfolio of brands.