NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TouchTunes, the largest interactive music and entertainment network in over 65,000 bars and restaurants nationwide, and the Registrar at National Day Calendar have officially declared the day before Thanksgiving as #NationalJukeboxDay.
As Americans flock to their hometowns for Thanksgiving, and gather in neighborhood bars and restaurants with friends, TouchTunes is celebrating the day by encouraging music fans nationwide to post a jukebox selfie to Twitter or Instagram with #NationalJukeboxDay for a chance to win free jukebox music credits for one year.
“We are thrilled to establish National Jukebox Day recognizing the role the jukebox has played throughout history,” said Vicki Saunders, SVP Marketing and Programming of TouchTunes. “As the original social network of music fans, the jukebox has evolved to become a premier entertainment platform for social venues and a mainstay that continues to connect people through the power of music.”
The day before Thanksgiving is traditionally the busiest bar night of the year as families and friends gather to reconnect over drinks and load up the jukebox with their favorite songs. Coincidentally, the inaugural celebration of #NationalJukeboxDay this year also lands on November 23rd, the anniversary of the day the first jukebox was installed by Louis Glass in the Palais Royal Saloon bar in San Francisco in 1889. For over 125 years since, people have been “owning the moment” by queuing up their favorite songs on the jukebox and experiencing the thrill of being the DJ.
Get involved with National Jukebox Day! Here’s how:
- Hashtag it. Share the #NationalJukeboxDay hashtag on social media.
- Find a jukebox location near you. To find nearby jukebox locations, download the TouchTunes app.
- Win free jukebox credits for a year. Post a jukebox selfie to Twitter or Instagram alongside a TouchTunes jukebox, include the hashtag #NationalJukeboxDay and enter for a chance to win free jukebox music credits for a year. For details and official rules, visit: www.touchtunes.com/nationaljukeboxdaycontest
- Get a free waffle at Waffle House: Become a Waffle House Regulars Club member by November 22, 2016 and get a free waffle at Waffle House on #NationalJukeboxDay. Play a song on the jukebox while you’re there. To redeem, members must bring printed coupon sent by email.
- Be the DJ. Help create the Official National Jukebox Day Playlist with your personal jukebox anthems. Post song recommendations here: www.facebook.com/touchtunes.
- Share your jukebox love: Follow TouchTunes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest jukebox news and access fun social media images to share here: www.touchtunes.com/nationaljukeboxday.
- Play another song on the jukebox baby: When you are out on #NationalJukeboxDay, play your favorite songs and let friends know how much you love that jukebox!
TouchTunes is the largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, featured in over 65,000 bars and restaurants across North America and 75,000 globally. TouchTunes' platform provides location-based digital solutions that encourage social interactions through shared experiences. Music is at the core of TouchTunes' experience with millions of songs played daily across the network and a mobile app that lets users find nearby jukebox locations, create playlists, and control the music in-venue directly from their phone. The mobile app is available on iTunes and Google Play and has been downloaded over 5 million times.
TouchTunes' award-winning products and services also include an integrated photo booth, the first fully licensed commercial karaoke system and an interactive TV messaging and engagement solution. TouchTunes Media is a highly scalable digital out-of-home activation platform that provides targeted advertising and promotional opportunities for consumer brands. TouchTunes is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Montreal and London.
For more information visit www.touchtunes.com. Follow TouchTunes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest jukebox news and access fun social media images to share here: www.touchtunes.com/nationaljukeboxday.