LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wileyfox has today announced the latest addition to its smartphone line-up – the Wileyfox Spark. The Spark is the third revolutionary handset from the British based smartphone manufacturer that has been disrupting the handset market and is set to further their position as “Challenger manufacturer of the year.*”
The Spark, priced at just £89.99 / €119.99, embodies all that Wileyfox stands for – exactly what its customers want. Slick design, first class, globally sourced components and advanced customisation, performance and security features, built on the latest and most advanced Android platform. No longer do customers need to fit into the mould of existing smartphones at a hefty price. What if there was a phone that did exactly what you wanted it to do, packaged with smooth curves, a sharp finish and soft texture, at a price you could afford?
Sleeker than an urban fox
The Wileyfox Spark offers unprecedented customisation options, to create the phone that you want.
- Core handsets are soft, smooth and comfortable to the touch, available in Sandstone Black or White. 8.65mm thin.
- Iconic fox logo on the rear housing. The curved 2.5d glass creates gentle rounded edges matching the overall flow shaped design curves of the device.
- 135g light in weight.
- Choice of two protective cases: Brilliant Red and Sensational Black.
Everything you need, none of what you don’t
High quality components sourced with you in mind. Nothing included that doesn’t add to your experience.
- Contract and SIM-free – so you can choose the network, tariff and bundle you want to be on.
- Dual SIM – Capacity for a second SIM provides the ultimate in flexibility for those who have differing needs - you can combine personal and business into one phone, or insert a local SIM card when you travel for cheaper calls, text messages and data.
- 8MP cameras front and rear – with face detection for focused shots, panorama capability, live filters, slow motion video burst mode and many more features. A superior lens stacking captures all of your moments beautifully in any light and style.
- 4G connectivity – for fast speeds when you need them.
- Android 6.0 with Cyanogen 13.0 OS – one of the first handsets to use the latest and most advanced Android operating system. Unlike other versions of Android, this offers you all the apps you love from the Play Store, but puts you in charge. With unparalleled levels of control over how much you share, you only share the information you want to – no more apps that demand access to your photos or your contacts – unless you want to. And quick settings provide increased personalisation options. With MOD Ready you will soon be able to seamlessly upgrade to a Skype video call directly from an ongoing phone call or take notes simply and intuitively from anywhere in the OS using the integrated One Note MOD. If keeping on top of Twitter is time consuming for you then the Twitter MOD will enable you to stay up to date with texts, photos and tweets without ever opening the Twitter app.
- Quad Core processor – Performance is assured by the mighty Mediatek MT6735 1.3GHz Quad Core chipset. The multiple cores allow the device to process more information at rapid speeds.
- 5'' fully laminated IPS HD (1280x720p) screen – offering a bright viewing experience. The toughened (Dragontrail) glass is said to be 6 times tougher than standard glass and can directly resist scratches and pressure.
- 8GB memory, with expandable options – so you can store all your moments in one place.
- A 2200mAh removable battery – with the option to purchase spare batteries so you are never caught short.
Nick Muir, CEO of Wileyfox said: “Smartphones are now as important to us as air – they are an indispensable part of our lives, not a luxury like they used to be. That’s why we believe that they need to work for us and who we are. But everyone’s different. We’re obsessive about what you need from your phone, so we have ripped up the rule book and set new standards with the Spark. We believe its unrivalled in design and performance with additional features that you can't get anywhere else at extraordinary value for money. It’s choice our customers have never had before.”
Within the Spark range, there are also:
- The Wileyfox Spark + offering customers 16GB of on board memory, 2GB of RAM and a 13MP main camera, along with a choice of colours that come with premium colour accents. RRP £114.99/€149.99
- The Wileyfox Spark X builds on the benefits of Spark + but also offers a larger 5.5” HD screen and increased battery size (3000mAh) for longer lasting play. RRP £129.99/€169.99
The Wileyfox Spark range comes on the back of Wileyfox’s first two handsets launched in August 2015, the Wileyfox Swift and Wileyfox Storm. In December 2015, the Swift was crowned ‘Smartphone of the Year’ by Forbes, after shooting to pole position on Amazon in pre-orders alone, and sold out within three days of going on sale. Like their predecessors, all three handsets are available to pre-order from today exclusively online at Wileyfox.com and other online channels including Amazon, delivered in fits-through-your-letterbox packaging.
Muir commented: “We are delighted to have been chosen by Amazon as a strategic partner for Launchpad and it has delivered significant value to our business. It’s a platform which showcases products from the world’s brightest startups and has enabled us to tap into Amazon’s impressive customer focus and fulfilment network. As a result we have been able to grow fast as a business and offer our customers clear and tangible benefits."
The Wileyfox Spark is available to pre-order from today, 28th June at Wileyfox.com and from other online channels. Amazon pre-orders will come with a gift of a free protective case and one year’s free screen replacement insurance. Shipping and live orders from 12th July. RRP for the Spark £89.99 / €119.99, for the Spark + £114.99/€149.99 and Spark x £129.99/€169.99. For more information, visit https://www.wileyfox.com.
Notes to Editors
* Mobile News Awards, 2016
Wileyfox is an online only handset brand that offers consumers a democratic, freedom-rich mobile experience that is intuitive, highly spec'd and competitively priced.
Wileyfox is a disruptive company that leverages the best in Asian hardware manufacturing and the best in Silicon Valley software, with fully established, European design and customer services. The company is a privately held company and headquartered in London, with operations internationally.