AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Scalable Software, Inc., today announced the immediate availability of a free community edition of its Asset Vision™ cloud-based ITAM platform. Asset Vision is designed to meet the demands of today’s Mid-Market IT environments and the free community edition is a perfect way for these time-constrained organizations to effortlessly experience its benefits.
"Inventory is the first building block of an IT Asset Management practice - so it’s great to see Scalable offering this free resource. This will enable organizations to start scoping out their environment and gathering intelligence in order to save money, deliver a more efficient infrastructure and provide better service," stated an Analyst with The ITAM Review. "With no agents or servers to service and everything delivered via the cloud – the service is very … err … Scalable."
The main features available in Asset Vision Community Edition include:
- Innovative, firewall friendly Hardware and Software Inventory: Allows IT managers to automatically discover and inventory hardware, including PCs, servers, printers, and network devices, as well as the software, services and patches on individual machines - all without having to install agents.
- Normalization and Data Enrichment: Asset Vision uses a cloud-based, crowd-sourced, normalization and enrichment catalog of almost 1,000,000 data points to help organizations accurately classify important IT assets
- Virtual Estate Management: Asset Vision makes it easy to identify and organize the entire virtual estate. Hypervisors and Virtual Machines servers are automatically mapped with the impact on software licensing evident.
- Endpoint Vulnerability Assessment: Asset Vision comes with a graphic threat level indicator that provides an intuitive, weighted assessment of the vulnerability status of a scanned computer or group of computers. Wherever possible, additional information on a particular security issue is provided – such as computers missing critical security, anti-spyware or anti-virus updates.
- Accurate and Up-to-Date Warranty Information on your IT estate: Key warranty data for popular hardware manufacturers is automatically enumerated and associated with the discovered device. Asset Vision automates the manual labor of reviewing 100’s or 1000’s of warranty agreements, saving days and in some cases even weeks of work.
- Integrated Ad-Hoc Reporting and Business Intelligence: IT Asset Managers can now experience the power of business intelligence tools in the same way line-of-business users have for many years. With an object based interface to the underlying data, extensive filtering, brilliant charting and drill-down, IT Asset Managers can enjoy the full power of an integrated ITAM-specific reporting platform.
"Our objective with the community edition of Asset Vision was to eliminating as many barriers as possible to the enjoyment of cloud-based ITAM," said Mark Cresswell, CEO of Scalable. "We hope that many more mid-market organizations will now be able to see what the future for IT Asset Management promises."
To register for the free Asset Vision Community Edition, visit http://www.scalable.com/products/asset-vision/assetvision-editions.
About Scalable Software
Over 10,000 organizations worldwide have used Scalable WinINSTALL, Survey and Asset Vision solutions to manage and control expense across their IT estates, reporting a substantial return on investment (ROI) and a reduction in the total cost of ownership (TCO). Our solutions help IT professionals manage the entire life cycle of IT assets, from the moment they enter the organization until they are retired in a cost-effective manner. For more information on Scalable Software visit: www.scalable.com.