CONCORD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cerus Corporation (Nasdaq:CERS) today announced a selection of abstracts and an industry workshop at the 2023 AABB Annual Meeting, taking place in Nashville, TN from October 14 through October 17. This year’s AABB Annual Meeting attracts individuals and institutions from around the globe involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and biotherapies.
The following is a select list of presentations and abstracts of interest for Cerus. All presentation times are listed in Central Daylight Time (CDT).
- Sunday, October 15, 2023 – 10:00 a.m.– Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitate: Early Experiences and Inventory Management Outcomes (Chair: M.S. Virk, M.D., Stanford University; Speakers: A. Panigrahi, M.D., Ph.D., Stanford University; C. Webb, M.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center)
- Monday, October 16, 2023 – 7:00 a.m. – Cerus Industry Workshop: Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex (INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex or IFC) and Pathogen Reduced Cold Stored Platelets (PR-CSP): Expanding the Use of Pathogen Reduction for Improved Blood Safety and Availability (A. Alvarado, UCSF Health; P. Young, M.D., Ph.D., American Red Cross)
- Monday, October 16, 2023 – 5:30 p.m. – Implementation Of 100% Pathogen-Reduced And Extension Of Shelf Life Of Platelet Concentrates In France: A Retrospective Study On Impact On Platelet Issuing (P. Richard, Establissement Francais du Sang)
Held between Sunday, October 15 and Monday, October 16, 2023
- Safety and Efficacy of Amotosalen-UVA Pathogen Reduced Platelet Components Transfused to Mature and Premature Neonates
- Reduced Blood Bank Product Preparation Time and Waste with Implementation of Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitate
- Implementation of Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex in a Pediatric Level II Trauma Center
- Improved Operational Efficiency with Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex vs. CryoAHF
- Developing a Tool to Assess Red Blood Cell Clearance in Vivo Utilizing Pathogen-Reduced RBCs
The full program of Cerus-related abstracts can be found at the following link: https://hcp.intercept-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2023/09/2023_AABB_AbstractBook_v3Final.pdf
Cerus representatives will be in the exhibition area at booth #414.
Cerus Corporation is dedicated solely to safeguarding the world’s blood supply and aims to become the preeminent global blood products company. Headquartered in Concord, California, the company develops and supplies vital technologies and pathogen-protected blood components to blood centers, hospitals, and ultimately patients who rely on safe blood. The INTERCEPT Blood System for platelets and plasma is available globally and remains the only pathogen reduction system with both CE mark and FDA approval for these two blood components. The INTERCEPT red blood cell system is under regulatory review in Europe, and in late-stage clinical development in the US. Also in the US, the INTERCEPT Blood System for Cryoprecipitation is approved for the production of Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex (commonly referred to as INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex), a therapeutic product for the treatment and control of bleeding, including massive hemorrhage, associated with fibrinogen deficiency. For more information about Cerus, visit www.cerus.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
INTERCEPT and the INTERCEPT Blood System are trademarks of Cerus Corporation.