DUBAI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Banuba, a market-leading augmented reality tech vendor, has further improved the skin care feature in its virtual makeover platform TINT – a virtual try-on platform. With the latest neural network update, it now works up to 20% faster than in the previous version (depending on the device and use case).
The feature consists of three main elements:
- Virtual skin care products try-on that predicts the effects from prolonged use of the items and shows them on the user’s own face. While it is impossible to exactly predict how a certain product would affect each person, the system makes an “educated guess” based on thousands examples that the neural networks were trained on. Skin care try-on offers a unique experience of showing the possible results in real-time – no other product can provide it. See it for yourself in the dedicated video.
- Face analysis AI that analyzes over 200 parameters (skin tone, face shape, face feature size, etc.), as well as locates and highlights imperfections on the user’s skin. This is proprietary technology, developed by Banuba’s in-house R&D lab and protected by several of the company’s 20 patents.
- Recommendations AI that uses data from the analysis and selects the most fitting items for each individual. It works for both decorative cosmetics and skin care products. In addition, the recommendations AI can highlight both individual products and bundles. This results in increased sales, especially where dedicated lines and fashionable looks are concerned.
TINT allows users to test a wide variety of products:
- Decorative makeup
- Glasses/sunglasses, colored contacts
- On head: hats, jewelry
- On neck: scarves, necklaces
- On hand: watches/bracelets, rings
TINT is available as a web application, an in-store solution, or both, depending on the client’s needs. This ensures top flexibility and accessibility for the end-users. The integration usually takes from 2 days to 2 weeks; the development team monitors the process and assists whenever it is needed.
Banuba is an augmented reality company with over 7 years on the market, pioneering face tracking, virtual try-on, and virtual background technologies. Banuba provides software development kits (SDKs) for augmented reality and video editing, as well as ready-to-integrate solutions for virtual try-on on face, hair and hand.