CABIN JOHN, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RAZ Mobility (www.razmobility.com), a provider of mobile assistive technology, released a major update to the RAZ Memory Cell Phone that adds video calling capability, and other features, that significantly enhance the device for both seniors and caregivers.
The RAZ Memory Cell Phone is designed to help individuals with dementia, mild cognitive impairment, vision loss, hand tremors, and seniors who require a simple experience, stay connected with family and friends. The phone provides a simple experience for seniors, and allows caregivers to control the phone from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada through our remote manage feature and RAZ Care app.
The senior’s contacts can now video call the senior through the RAZ Care app, which must be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store. A video call is answered in the same way as a voice call, making answering video calls incredibly easy, even for someone with dementia. The caregiver controls which contacts have permission to video call the senior.
The update also includes these new features:
- A special “mode” for people who are low vision or experience hand tremors. When this option is selected, the contacts, answer button, and hang-up buttons, are much larger; the color of the text and background of each contact can be customized to maximize contrast for low vision users.
- When the senior calls 911, up to three people can receive a text message notification.
- The senior can receive a reminder to charge when the battery is low.
- The phone can speak “phone charging” to inform the senior that they are successfully charging their phone.
- The phone can announce the name of the caller out loud during an incoming call.
- An option for an auto-lock feature, pursuant to which the display will go dark after two minutes of inactivity and “wake up” with movement.
For more information about the RAZ Memory Cell Phone and features, visit https://www.razmobility.com/solutions/memory-cellphone/.
About RAZ Mobility
RAZ Mobility offers unique and cutting-edge mobile solutions for people with disabilities. These solutions take the form of mobile devices and mobile applications. RAZ Mobility develops its own solutions, as well as resells the solutions of others, where RAZ Mobility believes that the solutions of others are unique and highly beneficial to individuals with disabilities.
RAZ Mobility sells its solutions, directly to consumers, wireless providers, to certain resellers, as well as government organizations, such as the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and State equipment distribution programs. Learn more about RAZ Mobility at www.razmobility.com.