WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DOD CIO John Sherman and State Department’s Amb. Nate Fick will headline the 14th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit being held September 5–8, 2023 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. The event—which is expected to draw nearly 2,000 attendees and over 200 speakers—will explore topics related to this year’s theme: Advancing Cybersecurity's Impact in an Age of Heightened Risk. Speakers span government, military, nonprofits, industry, and academia and discuss the hottest cyber trends and issues during more than 40 sessions.
“Our cyber leaders face major challenges and threats in keeping our nation safe amid ever changing technology and the backdrop of war in Europe,” explained Thomas K. Billington, CEO and Founder, Billington CyberSecurity, a leading cyber education company for executives founded in 2010. “For the 14th year, we are bringing together top cyber leaders to discuss, examine and share information about cybersecurity and its implications for our country and our allied partners.”
Designed to address the nation’s pressing cyber needs, the three-day event includes panel discussions, breakout sessions, fireside chats, and awards. The summit has five tracks: Zero Trust & Data, Critical Infrastructure, Zero Trust & Identity, Cyber Workforce, and Emerging Tech and includes topics such as:
- Implementation and White House Cyber Strategy
- Executing Zero Trust across the DOD and Federal Civilian Agencies
- The Role of Upcoming Legislation in Cybersecurity
- International Cybersecurity Partnerships
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Protecting Our Healthcare, Energy Grid and State/Local/Tribal Cyber Systems
A sampling of speakers includes:
- John Sherman, CIO, Department of Defense
- Nathaniel Fick, Ambassador at Large, Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy, U.S. Department of State
- David McKeown, Acting Principal Deputy CIO, Department of Defense
- Holly Baroody, Executive Director, United States Cyber Command
- Donna Bennett, E-CISO, U.S. Department of State
- Wanda Jones-Heath, Principal Cyber Advisor, Department of the Air Force
- Michael Sulmeyer, Principal Cyber Advisor, Department of the Army
- Sami Khoury, Head, Canadian Centre for Cyber Security
Learn more or register at https://billingtoncybersummit.com/. Government and military tickets are complimentary until June 30 and then increase to $295-$495. Tickets for corporate attendees are $795-$1,295; small business, non-profits, and international government are $395-$895; academic are $295-$795; students are $95; and press are free. Press interested in covering should contact Shawn Flaherty at 703-554-3609.
Presented by over 20 sponsors, led by Lead Underwriters: Amazon Web Services, CISCO, Raytheon Intelligence & Space, Knowledge Partner Booz Allen, Cyber Innovation Partner Leidos, Cyber Partner GDIT, and Identity and Zero Trust Partner Microsoft. The Billington CyberSecurity Summit convenes leading senior cyber government decision-makers to examine key trends and topics while fostering deeper dialogue between government leaders and private industry.