SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Splitvolt today announced its next-generation Splitter Switch™ product that can save electric vehicle (EV) purchasers thousands of dollars. It includes cETLus safety certification, new components and a more stylized look. Its splitter switch is designed to make home EV charging simple, affordable and safe.
Instead of installing a new circuit to charge an EV at home, automatically sharing an existing 30 amp dryer circuit eliminates the cost, complexity and time associated with having an electrician install an additional 220 - 240 volt Level 2 charging circuit. Within minutes, anyone can easily get seven times faster home charging. Its built-in intelligence enables seamless power switching between the dryer and EV and includes several critical and unique safety features.
“One of the barriers to EV adoption has been convenient and affordable home charging. Normally it takes weeks of time, permits and costs thousands of dollars to have a new dedicated EV circuit installed,” said Dan Liddle, founder and CEO of Splitvolt. “The Splitvolt Splitter Switch avoids all of that hassle, is much safer and costs a fraction of the price. Just plug it in, and you immediately have 220v – 240v Level 2 fast home charging.”
Key features of the new product include:
- Automatic power switching. Switches power between the dryer and the EV charger, using an existing circuit.
- Internal safety circuit breaker. Ensures that the EV charger does not exceed maximum National Electrical Code (NEC) safe-charging limits or stress a home’s electrical wiring.
- cETLus safety listed by Intertek (5021938). Conforms to UL STD(s) 60730-1 and certified to CSA STD E60730-1 for Splitter Switch models SPS C1-011, SPS C2-022 and SPS C2-032.
- New look. Stylized, black design fits in well with home environments.
- Real time power and status display. Enables real time charging information at a glance.
- Manual override power-off switch. Provides an additional layer of protection.
- Flexible ‘pigtail’ power cord. Allows placement of the splitter switch in an accessible and safe location.
The company will display the new product, along with its family of electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions, at booth# 4370 during CES from January 5 – 8, 2023.
Splitvolt’s mission is to inspire use of sustainable energy and Empowering Electric Vehicle Adoption™ by creating compelling products and solutions that make it simple for everyday car owners to benefit from electric vehicle use in daily life. Learn more at www.splitvolt.com.