TEL AVIV, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ironSource (NYSE: IS), a leading business platform for the App Economy, together with M&C Saatchi Performance, today present their latest report: The Modern Mobile Consumer 2022 Holiday Marketing Playbook. The report provides marketers and brands with data insights and expert advice on how to best navigate the holiday landscape, as shoppers everywhere are adapting to an uncertain global economy and a new post-COVID lifestyle.
Some of the key findings:
- Women (84%) are more likely to make holiday purchases than men (67%)
- Most consumers (65%) will spend the same, or even more than they did in 2021
- General merchandise retailers (75%) are the preferred shopping destination
- Many consumers (64%) will use their mobile phone or tablet to shop
- More than any other demographic, parents (75%) enjoy gift giving the most
- Clothes and footwear are the most popular gifts (75%)
- Rewarded ads inspire purchasing decisions for 40% of consumers
- Consumers shop early. The fall (28%) and Black Friday/Cyber Monday (27%) are the most popular times to shop for the holidays
- Getting a great deal influences purchase decisions for 70% of consumers
The report gives insights into three areas:
- The “Consumer Insights” section utilizes first-party data from the MobileVoice® market research solution. Insights were collected from 21,351 respondents through opt-in surveys across thousands of mobile apps, and enlighten marketers on how mobile users plan to shop this holiday season, and what influences their shopping habits during this time of year.
- Pulled from research by M&C Saatchi Performance, the “Trends in eCommerce” section discusses how changes in the economic climate may affect the upcoming shopping season with advice on how to benefit from it.
- The “Experts’ Advice” section offers advice from industry experts on how marketers can formulate and implement a marketing strategy for the holidays.
“We’re living in a new era of shopping, and there’s no time when this is highlighted more strongly than over the holiday season when the pressure is on to buy the right gifts for the right people, at the right budget,” said Sarah Chafer, VP of US Ad Sales at ironSource. “We’re delighted to partner with M&C Saatchi Performance in another report, and to provide insights for marketers and brands on a range of topics such as what Gen X are buying, which merchandise is the most popular, important channels to include in your marketing mix and a lot more.”
The report is the latest in ironSource’s Modern Mobile Gamer® series, which focuses on consumers’ understanding of the freemium app ecosystem and dives into who plays mobile games and why.
Click here to download the full report.
ironSource is a leading business platform for the App Economy. App developers use ironSource's platform to turn their apps into successful, scalable businesses, leveraging a comprehensive set of software solutions which help them grow and engage users, monetize content, and analyze and optimize business performance to drive more overall growth. The ironSource platform also empowers telecom operators to create a richer device experience, incorporating relevant app and service recommendations to engage users throughout the lifecycle of the device. By providing a comprehensive business platform for the core constituents of the App Economy, ironSource allows customers to focus on what they do best, creating great apps and user experiences, while enabling their business expansion in the App Economy. For more information please visit www.is.com
About M&C Saatchi Performance
Born as a mobile agency at the forefront of the smartphone revolution, M&C Saatchi Performance has evolved with how people connect with media and each other.
We take a human approach to data, connecting with brands to determine objectives and audiences to meet people where they are. Our team of expert marketers develop creative, paid search, programmatic, and remarketing solutions to optimize campaign performance and deliver results.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes various forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Securities Act, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, which represent our management’s beliefs and assumptions concerning future events. These statements are intended to qualify for the “safe harbor” from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the expected benefits and impacts of the testing tool. Words such as “expect,” “estimate,” “project,” “scale,” “budget,” “forecast,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “may,” “will,” “could,” “should,” “believes,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continue,” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements but are not the exclusive means for identifying such statements. By their very nature, forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, and there are risks that the predictions, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking statements will not be achieved. You should understand that a number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, objectives, expectations, estimates and intentions expressed in such forward-looking statements set forth in the Company’s SEC filings. ironSource cautions readers not to place undue reliance upon any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Other than as may be required by applicable laws, ironSource does not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in its expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.