ATLANTA & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading global provider of data, technology and market infrastructure, today reported June 2022 trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at https://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
“The continued war in Ukraine sparked a reshaping of global energy flows in the second quarter of 2022, a process which will continue to present new risks and uncertainties for investors and consumers of energy,” said Ben Jackson, President of ICE. “Meanwhile rising inflation has created an interest rate environment vastly different to what investors have navigated in the years since the financial crisis. Our transparent, accessible futures markets continue to provide critical risk management tools for customers to manage and hedge these risks and uncertainties across asset classes.”
June highlights include:
- Total average daily volume (ADV) up 13% y/y and total open interest (OI) up 3% y/y
- Brent ADV up 6% y/y
Total natural gas ADV up 12% y/y; OI up 8% y/y
- North American natural gas ADV up 14% y/y; OI up 15% y/y
- TTF natural gas ADV up 9% y/y
Total Ags & Metals ADV up 10% y/y
- Sugar ADV up 10% y/y
- Cocoa ADV up 31% y/y; OI up 31% y/y
- Cotton ADV up 32% y/y; OI up 4% y/y
Total Financials ADV up 33% y/y; OI up 12% y/y
Total Interest Rate ADV up 36% y/y; OI up 15% y/y
- Euribor ADV up 97% y/y; OI up 59% y/y
Equity Indices ADV up 26% y/y
- MSCI ADV up 34% y/y; OI up 6% y/y
- FTSE ADV up 13% y/y
- Total Interest Rate ADV up 36% y/y; OI up 15% y/y
- U.S. Cash Equities ADV up 16% y/y
- Equity Options ADV up 6% y/y
Second quarter highlights include:
- Total ADV up 12% y/y
Total Energy ADV up 3% y/y
Total natural gas ADV up 37% y/y
- North American natural gas ADV up 49% y/y
- Power ADV up 22% y/y
- Total natural gas ADV up 37% y/y
Total Ags & Metals ADV up 2% y/y
- Sugar ADV up 3% y/y
- Cocoa ADV up 15% y/y
- Cotton ADV up 18% y/y
Total Financials ADV up 26% y/y
Total Interest Rate ADV up 25% y/y
- Euribor ADV up 64% y/y
Equity Indices ADV up 28% y/y
- MSCI ADV up 40% y/y
- FTSE ADV up 12% y/y
- Total Interest Rate ADV up 25% y/y
- U.S. Cash Equities ADV up 17% y/y
- Equity Options ADV up 25% y/y
- ICE now expects second quarter 2022 GAAP non-operating expense to be in the range of $150 million to $155 million. Adjusted non-operating expense(1) is expected to be in the range of $110 million to $115 million.
(1) Adjusted non-operating expense excludes equity earnings from unconsolidated investees, net interest expense on pre-acquisition-related debt, costs associated with re-financing existing debt and a gain from the sale of our stake in Euroclear.
Total futures and options and total interest rate ADV and OI have been adjusted to reflect a common contract size between SONIA and legacy Sterling for comparison purposes.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company that designs, builds and operates digital networks to connect people to opportunity. We provide financial technology and data services across major asset classes that offer our customers access to mission-critical workflow tools that increase transparency and operational efficiencies. We operate exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, and clearing houses that help people invest, raise capital and manage risk across multiple asset classes. Our comprehensive fixed income data services and execution capabilities provide information, analytics and platforms that help our customers capitalize on opportunities and operate more efficiently. At ICE Mortgage Technology, we are transforming and digitizing the U.S. residential mortgage process, from consumer engagement through loan registration. Together, we transform, streamline and automate industries to connect our customers to opportunity.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located here. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key Information Documents (KIDS).”
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021, as filed with the SEC on February 3, 2022.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange