CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ShipBob, the leading global omnifulfillment platform, announced the launch of its Merchant Plus solution, a standalone warehouse management system (WMS) that gives independent merchants that have their own warehouse in the U.S. the ability to power fulfillment operations themselves while even leveraging ShipBob’s global network. Built by ShipBob, this solution includes access to ShipBob’s carrier infrastructure, support team, fulfillment experts and the same all-inclusive platform brands that outsource fulfillment to ShipBob get: a full suite of tools to run their entire supply chain, while utilizing ShipBob’s robust network of warehouses across the United States, Europe, Australia and Canada.
“As an industry leader that is constantly working to bring more value to the ecommerce logistics ecosystem, we are proud to launch our Merchant Plus solution,” said Dhruv Saxena, Co-Founder and CEO, ShipBob. “With this new platform, we are now giving businesses access to our WMS to continue to fulfill in-house, while also having the option to have ShipBob fulfill orders in other regions or countries. Merchant Plus really marries all of the benefits of fulfilling in-house and leveraging ShipBob for other supply chain solutions, allowing businesses to achieve scale, efficiency and control over both their inventory and the customer experience like never before.”
Fast-growing companies like Spikeball, with 4+ million players all over the world and 50+ tournaments every year, use Merchant Plus to power B2B and DTC fulfillment in the U.S., while also leveraging ShipBob’s European fulfillment services.
Merchant Plus offers a variety of benefits including:
- White-glove implementation: Brands have gone through on-site onboarding, getting fulfillment teams up-to-speed with as little as 1 week of training, including the setup of computers, printers, iPods, scanners, shelves and other equipment.
- Advanced functionality: Brands can access customizable pick and pack workflows such as cluster and batch picking to increase efficiencies, customizable setup options for on-the-floor inventory and enhanced transparency to manage warehouse employees, orders and inventory from anywhere, while driving operational improvements.
- Cost savings: Brands consistently reduce their overall fulfillment costs.
- Time savings: Brands have been able to spend 25% less time on fulfillment, so they can focus on other parts of their business.
- Increased accuracy: Brands have reduced their error rate by as much as 35% with checks and balances for receiving and storing inventory, and picking, packing and shipping orders.
- Ongoing support: Brands receive continued account management from the ShipBob team for a sustainable partnership.
ShipBob piloted Merchant Plus with several ecommerce brands running their own warehouses, and they all quickly reaped the benefits.
“I’m still shocked that we get to use ShipBob’s software that they use for their global network within our own facility. It’s like a cheat code,” said Muddy Bites Co-Founder Tyler DeVos. “Before ShipBob, we didn’t have everything centrally located. Now, from inventory to orders, we can track it all. Lot codes are extremely important for us, being in the food business, and other tools we used previously didn’t give us those capabilities.”
In addition to the WMS, brands with their own warehouse can get the same tools as brands that outsource fulfillment to ShipBob, including:
- Better visibility into real-time inventory levels and improved transparency in operations
- A dashboard for tracking shipments, bridging the gap between operations and support teams
- A variety of carriers and services for standard and expedited shipping across domestic and international deliveries, and other cross-border solutions
- Tools for managing and shipping orders and returns
- The ability to fulfill DTC and B2B orders (including EDI compliance with major retailers)
- Enhanced analytics and reporting capabilities to have a more complete view of their businesses
- Best-in-class support and a dedicated account manager
- Seamless integrations with ecommerce platforms, online marketplaces, EDI providers, help desks, returns management platforms and other tools in ShipBob’s App Store
“Merchant Plus is hands down way more user-friendly than other WMS tools my team has used and seen. That side of the business runs perfectly without me having to even talk to our fulfillment associates,” said Courtney Lee,” said CEO of Prymal. “I don’t know what I would have done without ShipBob — with their team, their incredible warehouse management system, and their training, this just worked out so quickly and smoothly. There were no hiccups as we got everything up and running, and were able to have a huge Q4.”
For additional information on Merchant Plus and to request a quote, please visit www.shipbob.com/product/merchant-plus.
ShipBob is the leading global omnifulfillment platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses to provide them access to best-in-class supply chain and fulfillment capabilities. The ShipBob platform provides merchants with a single view of their business and customers across all of their sales channels, and enables them to manage products, inventory, orders and shipments, and leverage analytics and reporting to run their business effectively.
Founded in 2014 out of Chicago, ShipBob was launched through Y Combinator by co-founders Dhruv Saxena and Divey Gulati, two entrepreneurs who saw a need for more efficient shipping for ecommerce businesses. Today, the company has raised $330.5 million in funding and operates a global logistics network with 30 fulfillment centers across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union and Australia. Learn more by visiting shipbob.com.