BOYNTON BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Estimating Edge, a trusted provider of professional estimating and takeoff software, today announced that the company has been granted U.S. Patent No. 11,321,500 for Smart Takeoff Estimation Systems and Methods for VECTOR™. VECTOR is a powerful web-based 2D quantity solution that extracts data from 3D Models also announced today. Created by experienced industry construction professionals at Estimating Edge, VECTOR allows the user to automate the takeoff process and focus on the estimate, not the tedious work of measuring what’s already been counted, ultimately speeding up the takeoff process between 40% - 70%.
VECTOR is easy to use – import a 3D model and VECTOR will extract the quantities, filter the noise, verify the properties and finish with an automated 2D takeoff. VECTOR leverages new technology without having to learn complex 3D software. The estimator can easily automate quantities from 3D models and detect design conflicts earlier in the process with new innovative features such as its groundbreaking intelligent 3D viewer. Additionally, after validating the 3D elements, VECTOR allows the estimator to finish takeoff in 2D or simply use VECTOR with just 2D plans. The solution is a next-gen takeoff solution that enables the estimator to work faster, using new innovative web-based technology.
“Our mission at Estimating Edge is to develop and bring to market innovative, yet easy-to-use software for the industry. We are now thrilled to receive this patent and introduce VECTOR to the marketplace to help estimators and construction professionals simplify the estimating process and ultimately save time and money for the entire project. It also allows them to work smarter, faster and build better,” said Adam Oaks, President of Estimating Edge. “VECTOR makes it easy to easily navigate the 3D model, understand how it’s built, and then quickly identify additional materials and labor that you might have missed on 2D plans. This truly a breakthrough patented technology – it is a ‘new take’ on takeoff, allowing estimators to spend more time on estimating and less time on measure.”
VECTOR Key Features
- Automated Quantities from 3D Models leverages new technology without having to learn complex 3D software. With features like a next-gen 3D viewer, estimators can identify design conflicts sooner
- 2D Quantity Takeoff. After validating the 3D elements, finish the takeoff in 2D or use this powerful solution with just 2D plans
- Web-Based that’s lightning-fast – it uses the latest technology
- A central location for all plans & documents with cloud-based document management.
- Intelligent-advanced filtering & searching - find specific details quickly and easily
- Groundbreaking 3D viewer synchronizes with the 2D plan and helps identify design conflicts while estimating
- Intelligent/Intuitive Assemblies with templates that can be saved & customized
- Export or use Reports to share details with Accounting, the Field, Owners or General Contractors
- Integration with The EDGE® Estimator
For more information on VECTOR: https://www.vectortakeoff.com
About Estimating Edge
Estimating Edge, acquired by Foundation Software in January of 2022, is a team of tradesmen and software engineers working together to build “cutting-edge” software for the construction industry. For more than 30 years, Estimating Edge has been a trusted provider of commercial construction takeoff and estimating software. The company’s flagship product, The EDGE, is designed around the construction workflow, not the way the software companies believe the user should be estimating. The software is intuitively designed to help both new and seasoned professionals work smarter, bid sharper and build better. Supported trades include roofing, drywall, acoustical, fireproofing, flooring, exterior insulation, painting and wall panels. For more information, please visit www.estimatingedge.com.
About Foundation Software, LLC
Foundation Software delivers job cost accounting, estimating, project management, mobile applications and payroll services to help contractors run the business side of construction. For information, call (800) 246-0800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.foundationsoft.com/.