BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Toast (NYSE: TOST), the all-in-one digital platform built for restaurants, today announced Toast for Hotel Restaurants, a new solution designed to meet the unique needs of hotel restaurant operators. Through robust integrations with leading hotel property management systems (PMS), including direct integrations with Stayntouch and Barefoot PMS as well as integrations with ClockPMS, Guesty, Infor Hospitality Management Solution, MEWS and SkyTouch Hotel OS powered by Omniboost, Toast will empower operators to streamline operations, help increase revenue and deliver great hospitality with a best-in-class room charge experience for both guests and staff.
“Hotels are adding more curated food and beverage experiences, but they often lack the ability to let guests order and pay on their own terms across hotel properties,” said Aman Narang, president and co-founder of Toast. “The powerful combination of Toast’s cloud-based point-of-sale integrated directly with hotel property management systems will allow us to become the trusted technology provider for hotel food and beverage operations.”
“We have been watching Toast for a while as a category leader in the restaurant tech space. As soon as we heard they were building property management system integrations, we chose Toast to be the preferred POS provider for MCR properties across the country. Once the integration was available, we moved quickly to begin installing Toast in our hotels, including our flagship TWA Hotel at JFK,” said Tyler Morse, Chairman & CEO of MCR Hotels.
“We want our guests – no matter where they are in the building, whether having drinks at the bar, dining in the restaurant, attending an event, or staying in the hotel – to encounter the same ‘Wythe flavor’ of hospitality,” said Charlie Smith, Director of Operations, Wythe Hotel. “As a key element of our operational structure, Toast plays a big role in our ability to provide a unified guest experience across our property.”
Process Room Charges Directly from the Point-of-Sale with Toast for Hotel Restaurants
Currently, many hotels and resorts are using disconnected technology to manage core front office tasks like check-in/checkout, billing, and on-site food and beverage. This leads to a less than optimal experience for hotel staff, who often have to rely on time consuming manual processes to reconcile food and beverage charges with the guest’s folio. Toast for Hotel Restaurants will deliver a more efficient way to let guests pay bills by charging them to their room, making the payment process faster and more efficient for both hotel and restaurant staff across full service restaurants, in-room dining, grab & go, bar & cocktail, event venues and poolside dining. Toast for Hotels will allow hotel owners and operators to:
- Make Room Charges Easy - Toast works seamlessly with hotel property management systems to process room charges right from the point-of-sale and increase the speed of service. Hotel staff can easily search for a guest name or room number on the Toast Flex terminal or Toast Go® handheld point-of-sale to close a check via room charge with just a few taps. They can also post check totals, sales categories, or even item level details to the guest's folio directly from the point-of-sale.
- Impress Guests with a Great Experience - Hotel staff can improve order accuracy and timing to impress guests, whether they're dining in or doing room service. Toast, a best-in-class restaurant specific POS, includes innovative features optimized for hotel restaurants, like drag & drop check splitting for large parties, automated course firing, and easy order entry for even the most complex modifiers.
- Increase Sales and Margins - Empower staff to take orders quickly and accurately from anywhere on the property with Toast Go. For in-room dining and quick service concepts, hotels can also let guests order and pay on their own via QR codes, allowing them to avoid long wait times. Staff can cover more tables, and the hotel gains valuable guest preference data. On average, check size is 9% higher for customers using Toast Mobile Order & PayTM versus traditional payment methods.1
- Streamline Operations - Toast Kitchen Display Systems provide near real time item firing and server order ready notifications, robust insights into kitchen productivity and item level prep time connect the front-of-house, back-of-house, dine-in and takeout operations. Menu item search makes navigating a large menu easier for servers, who can also easily update or cancel a menu item from any device across the property. Managers can easily update menus, settings, and reporting across all locations with ease from a single hub.
Learn more about Toast for Hotel Restaurants here.
Pricing & Availability
- The Toast for Hotel Restaurants PMS integration is generally available today at $75 per month, regardless of PMS or number of room charges processed.
- The Toast integration with MEWS integration is currently generally available. Integrations with Barefoot, ClockPMS, Guesty, Infor HMS, Stayntouch and SkyTouch Hotel OS will be made available throughout 2022.
Toast [NYSE: TOST] is a cloud-based, all-in-one digital technology platform purpose-built for the entire restaurant community. Toast provides a single platform of software as a service, or SaaS, products and financial technology solutions that give restaurants everything they need to run their business across point of sale, operations, digital ordering and delivery, marketing and loyalty, and team management. By serving as the restaurant operating system across dine-in, takeout, and delivery channels, Toast helps restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue and deliver amazing guest experiences. For more information, visit www.toasttab.com.
1Based on Toast internal data from 2021 among restaurants using Toast Mobile Order & Pay™. Individual results will vary.