REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alation Inc., the leader in enterprise data intelligence solutions, today announced the debut of its podcast, “Data Radicals.” Hosted by Satyen Sangani, CEO and co-founder of Alation, “Data Radicals” is a show for business, data, and technology enthusiasts who seek to enable individuals and organizations to use data in powerful ways. The podcast kicks off today, with the first 5 episodes available online, as well as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and anywhere podcasts are available.
“Data Radicals” is for anyone interested in how data, science, and technology can help solve the world’s most pressing problems. Episodes explore how data leaders and academics are driving data culture and the role they play in changing how people think and work. The podcast leaves listeners with an understanding of how to facilitate data-driven decision-making and data literacy at all levels of an organization.
“The launch of ‘Data Radicals’ gives business leaders, entrepreneurs, and those of us passionate about data, a forum to discuss revolutionary, and even out-of-this-world ideas that can transform the way we use data,” said Satyen Sangani, host of “Data Radicals.” “My guests are cultural change-makers using data in exciting ways, and inspiring others to do the same. It’s been fascinating to dive into the ethics and business behind data, science, and technology with experts that are redefining the industry.”
Initial guests on the show include:
- David Epstein, TED-talker and bestselling author of “RANGE” and “The Sports Gene” discusses the merits of generalists vs. specialists.
- Bob Seiner, president and principal, KIK Consulting, dives into a conversation on forging a data culture with data governance.
- Jennifer Belissent, principal data strategist, Snowflake, shares ways CDOs can empower data literacy within their organization.
- Paola Saibene, former CTO for the State of Hawaii & consultant and data expert, talks through the meaning of data governance.
- Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic, founder and CEO, storytelling with data, talks about the ways data can be used to paint a visual narrative.
Following the launch, the next episode of “Data Radicals” featuring Caroline Carruthers, CEO of Carruthers and Jackson and co-author of “The Chief Data Officer’s Playbook,” will be released on Wednesday, February 2, 2022. If you are interested in being a guest on “Data Radicals,” or know someone who should be, email the team at email@example.com. “Data Radicals” is powered by Alation, in partnership with Caspian Studios.
- Subscribe to “Data Radicals” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and anywhere podcasts are available
- Read the blog, Why You Should Listen to My New Podcast by Satyen Sangani
- Follow Satyen on Twitter
- Follow Alation on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
Alation is the leader in enterprise data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and digital transformation. Alation’s initial offering dominates the data catalog market. Thanks to its powerful Behavioral Analysis Engine, inbuilt collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation combines machine learning with human insight to successfully tackle even the most demanding challenges in data and metadata management. More than 300 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Fifth Third Bank, Finnair, Munich Re, NASDAQ, New Balance, Parexel, Pfizer, US Foods, and Vistaprint. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire, and Snowflake Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.