LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This Veterans Day, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) is once again inviting our nation’s veterans and active U.S. military to enjoy a complimentary entree and beverage at all participating CPK locations nationwide* in recognition of and gratitude for their service. In addition, CPK will also be partnering with DAV (Disabled American Veterans) to host a nationwide fundraiser in its restaurants from November 8 to November 10 to support the nonprofit organization’s programs and services for veterans and their families.
To kick off Veterans Day week, CPK will be hosting a nationwide fundraiser in partnership with DAV from November 8 to November 10. During this time, CPK will donate 20% of food and beverage sales*** to benefit DAV, which has helped veterans and their families access vital programs and services by advocating for legislation, providing rides to veterans attending medical appointments, connecting veterans with meaningful employment and providing access to several other life-changing resources for over a century. To participate, visit any CPK and we will donate 20% of all food and beverage sales to Disabled American Veterans when a guest shows a flyer or mentions DAV. Purchases include dine-in, take-out, catering and online orders at cpk.com when a guest enters PROMO CODE: DAV at checkout.
On November 11, veterans will be able to select complimentary items from a special menu, outlined below, which will include a choice of one of CPK’s California-inspired pizzas, pastas or full-size salads and a beverage with proof of service, such as their military ID, when they dine in. They will also receive a card that they can redeem for a buy one, get one free** during a return visit redeemable from November 12-20, and a few of CPK’s restaurants will feature a “fallen hero” table to honor those who lost their lives during their service.
“California Pizza Kitchen is proud to continue its long tradition of honoring U.S. military members, who demonstrate bravery, sacrifice and pride for our country every day,” said California Pizza Kitchen CEO Jim Hyatt. “This Veterans Day, we are excited to express our gratitude for their service with a complimentary meal and nationwide fundraiser to give back to an organization that does so much for the veteran community. Beyond this special day, we’re always looking to welcome retired military into the CPK family.”
“We are pleased to once again partner with a national brand such as CPK, that honorably supports our mission to provide valuable services that allow us to care for our nation’s veterans and their families,” said DAV CEO Marc Burgess. “This partnership goes a long way in thanking members of the U.S. military for their selfless dedication to protecting our country.”
CPK’s Veterans Day Menu:
Includes the choice of a complimentary entrée and beverage from the following selections:
- Freshly Brewed Iced Tea: Original or Passion Fruit Mango Iced Tea (unsweetened)
- Fountain Beverage
- The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza: CPK’s legendary BBQ sauce, smoked Gouda, red onions, and fresh cilantro transform this original to iconic
- Hawaiian: Fresh pineapple, applewood smoked ham and slivered scallions
- Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage: Cremini mushrooms, rustic pepperoni, spicy Italian sausage, fresh torn basil, Mozzarella and wild Greek oregano
- Pepperoni: A combination of rustic and spicy pepperoni with fresh Mozzarella and wild Greek oregano
- Five Cheese + Fresh Tomato: Fresh and traditional Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, smoked Gouda and Romano with tomato and fresh basil
- Traditional Cheese: Made with classic tomato sauce and Mozzarella
SALADS (FULL SIZE):
- The Original BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad: Black beans, sweet corn, jicama, fresh cilantro & basil, crispy corn tortilla strips, Monterey Jack, and CPK’s housemade herb ranch. Topped with tomatoes and scallions
- Thai Crunch: Crisp veggies and fresh cilantro with chicken and the crunch of peanuts, wontons, and rice sticks. Tossed in Thai peanut dressing
- Classic Caesar: Crisp Romaine with shaved Parmesan and housemade garlic butter croutons
- Italian Chopped: Roasted turkey breast, julienned salami, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, Mozzarella and fresh basil tossed in housemade mustard herb vinaigrette
- Garlic Cream Fettuccine with Chicken: CPK’s garlic Parmesan cream sauce with chicken and fresh Italian parsley
- Kung Pao Spaghetti with Chicken: CPK’s twist on a Chinese classic with garlic, scallions, peanuts and hot red chilies
- Bolognese Spaghetti: Slowly simmered rustic meat sauce with Cremini mushrooms, sprinkled with scallions
For more information on CPK’s Veterans Day menu, please visit www.cpk.com/events/veteransday.
*Offer valid for veterans and active military only. On 11/11/2021, choose one entrée from our special Veterans Day Menu, dine-in only (menu offerings may vary by location). No substitutions. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Please come in uniform or bring your military ID or other proof of service. Offer valid at participating locations; not valid at franchise locations in Guam, stadiums, universities, airports, international locations, the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, or the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno. Offer valid on 11/11/2021 only.
**Veterans special offer card available while supplies last. Offer valid for a Free Pizza, Pasta or Salad (of equal or lesser value) on your next visit with the purchase of any Pizza, Pasta or Salad; excluding alcohol, tax and gratuity. Valid for dine-in only. Offer valid at participating locations; not valid at franchise locations in Guam, stadiums, universities, airports, international locations, the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, or the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno. Not valid with any other offer or promotion. One time use only. No cash value. Not valid on delivery. Offer excludes add-ons, substitutions and seasonal menu items. Limit one offer per table. Offer valid 11/12/21 – 11/20/21 only.
***Fundraiser valid only on 11/8/21 - 11/10/21 at participating California Pizza Kitchen locations nationwide, excluding franchise locations in Guam, stadiums, universities, airports, international locations, the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, or the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno. Tax, gratuity, gift card and retail sales are excluded from the donation. Offer valid for dine-in, takeout, online, catering, curbside and CPK delivery. Not valid for third-party delivery.
About California Pizza Kitchen
In 1985, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) opened its first restaurant in Beverly Hills and introduced diners to innovative California-style pizza. With a passion for combining fresh, seasonal ingredients with flavor inspirations from around the world, today CPK is a global brand serving creative California cuisine in over 200 restaurants in 8 countries and U.S. territories. From signature, hand-tossed pizzas and high-quality main plates to inventive better-for-you options, Lunch Duos, premium wines, and handcrafted beverages, CPK adds an imaginative twist to create a memorable dining experience. For more information, visit cpk.com. Chat with us on Twitter at @calpizzakitchen, Instagram at @cpk, and Facebook at facebook.com/californiapizzakitchen. Download the CPK Rewards® app for iOS and Android to earn & redeem delicious rewards, order online, and enjoy exclusive pizza perks all year long.
About DAV (Disabled American Veterans)
DAV empowers veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. It is dedicated to a single purpose: keeping our promise to America's veterans. DAV does this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America's injured heroes on Capitol Hill; providing employment resources to veterans and their families and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life. DAV, a nonprofit organization with more than 1 million members, was founded in 1920 and chartered by the US Congress in 1932. Learn more at dav.org.