LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Theorem, LLC, an innovation and engineering firm that builds custom enterprise software for the world’s most admired brands, today launched Theorem Orbital, a new division focused on end-to-end space logistics and enablement for the Global 2000.
“Today, only 100 of the Global 2000 have active space programs, but that number will increase tenfold over the next decade,” said Brady Brim-DeForest, CEO of Theorem. “The space industry can seem intimidating and hard to navigate — we are here to help make navigating it easy and transparent.”
While recent space-related startups have focused primarily on delivering launch-side capability, other aspects of the space industry are experiencing significant growth, and game-changing opportunities have become within reach for even those who have made minimal investments to date. These include bespoke satellite programs focused on activities like earth observation, remote sensing, and satellite-enabled communications and connectivity.
Theorem Orbital will leverage its direct relationships with space launch providers, prime contractors and suppliers, universities, and NGOs, allowing for a wide range of services tailored to clients expanding their existing footprint, or building a space strategy from the ground up. Theorem Orbital’s preferred providers for launch services and space-based data today include Rocket Lab, Virgin Orbit, Firefly Aerospace, and Satellogic.
“Our partnership with Theorem will help further our mission of democratizing access to Earth Observation data,” said Thomas VanMatre, Satellogic’s Vice President of Global Business Development. “The combination of Theorem’s world-class software innovation and engineering capabilities and Satellogic’s unit cost advantage will unlock a multitude of use cases for the commercial market.”
As part of its commitment to opening up access to space as a strategic resource for the enterprise, mid-market, and academic markets, Theorem is also announcing a strategic investment into bluShift Aerospace, the Brunswick, Maine based maker of the Starless Rogue launch platform that is designed to enable a low barrier to entry for a diverse collection of payloads into the suborbital space ecosystem.
"bluShift’s approach to developing cost-effective and sustainable next-generation rocket technology will open up space to new markets," said Sascha Deri, CEO of bluShift Aerospace. "We feel that our mission and philosophy are well aligned with Theorem Orbital's commitment to lowering the barrier to entry for companies beginning to leverage space-based infrastructure in their mid and long-term strategic plans. We're pleased to welcome them as an investor, and excited to collaborate on uncovering opportunities to accelerate the adoption of bluShift capabilities within the enterprise market."
At launch, Theorem Orbital’s initial suite of services will include:
- Satellite Data & Connectivity Strategy and Planning - Strategy services designed to enable clients to leverage data and connectivity generated by existing satellite infrastructure, as well as planning for proprietary constellations.
- Advanced-Data Analysis - Real-time satellite imagery and remote communication networks are shifting how construction, agriculture, real estate, retail, travel, and mining industries run their daily operations, quarterly planning, risk management, insurance negotiations, and other major drivers of their bottom line. Data providers like Satellogic are opening new use cases daily — Theorem Orbital can help clients make the most of this rapidly evolving field.
- Software Platform Development - Theorem Orbital designs and builds advanced proprietary software platforms that bring together advanced space-based data sources with existing internal enterprise data and systems.
- Hardware Development - Theorem Orbital can assist clients in utilizing Satellogic’s unique hosted payload program to rapidly prototype and fly proprietary and commercial off-the-shelf sensors to meet client requirements.
- Internet-in-Space - Theorem Orbital can assist clients in establishing their own IoT communications network in space including the design and launch of bespoke constellations through preferred launch providers.
- Launch - Theorem Orbital partners with preferred providers — including Virgin Orbit, Rocket Lab, SpaceX, and more — in order to enable the launch of custom payloads into low-earth and near-earth orbit.
“The cost of putting satellites into space has been dramatically reduced due to the innovations from launch providers such as SpaceX, Rocket Lab, and others,” said Nicolas Spurlock, Director of Corporate Strategy at Theorem. “Now is the time for large enterprises to invest in building their own space-based infrastructure and gain an advantage in the new Space 2.0 era.”
Start charting your course to space by learning more at theoremorbital.com.
Theorem, LLC is an innovation and engineering firm that builds custom software for companies making bold bets to stay ahead. Through research, lean design, and agile delivery, we make great user experiences accessible to the enterprise. Founded in 2007, Theorem’s global cross-functional product development teams drive technology, process, and cultural transformation. To learn more about how we enable ambitious leaders to build better software, visit www.theorem.co or follow @TheoremCo.