CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In the 11th bullet, company should read: Ob Hospitalist Group (instead of Hospitalist Group).
The updated release reads:
ANTARES ISSUES NEARLY $11 BILLION IN FINANCING COMMITMENTS DURING 1H 2021
Firm Closes 139 Private Credit Transactions During One of its Most Active Investment Periods
Antares today announced that it closed 139 transactions totaling almost $11 billion in financing commitments to middle market private equity-backed companies in the first half of 2021.
“Antares’ performance in the first half of 2021 illustrates the resilience of our portfolio and the strength of our originations capabilities,” said David Brackett, CEO of Antares. “Decades of experience and disciplined underwriting have enabled us to develop and maintain a high-quality credit portfolio. With weighted average EBITDA up across the portfolio and zero defaults during the first two quarters, we are optimistic about the continued growth potential for the private-equity backed middle market as we look toward the remainder of the year and beyond.”
Antares’ strong performance in 2021 comes as the firm continues to grow its asset management division, most recently with the addition of Jeffrey Stammen who joined the firm as Head of Investor Coverage in Asset Management. The continued success of this expanding platform has played an integral role in the growth of Antares’ capital under management and administration, which now exceeds $33 billion.
Antares maintains one of the largest portfolios of middle market PE-backed companies in the market. Financings during the first half of 2021 supported the refinancing, leveraged buyout and add-on acquisition activity of both new and existing borrowers. Unitranche structures continue to grow in popularity accounting for 37 transactions across 25 PE sponsors in the first half. Loan syndication was also robust with Antares syndicating $7.4 billion to institutional investors during the first two quarters.
Notable transaction activity during the first half of 2021 includes:
- $685 million 1st and 2nd lien credit facilities to Dessert Holdings (Bain Capital)
- $654 million 1st lien credit facility to OEC (Genstar Capital)
- $645 million 1st lien credit facility to Protective Industrial Products (Odyssey Investment Partners)
- $470 million unitranche credit facility to DrakeSoftware (CINVEN)
- $350 million unitranche credit facility to Corsearch (Astorg)
- $296 million unitranche credit facility to American Veterinary Group (Oak Hill Capital Partners)
- $85 million 1st lien credit facility to Curtis Bay Medical Waste Services (Aurora Capital Group)
- $70 million 1st lien credit facility to KIPU (TCV)
- Recurring revenue credit facility to AlertMedia (Vista Equity Partners)
- 1st lien credit facility to American Trailer Rental Group (Wind Point Partners)
- 1 st lien credit facility to Ob Hospitalist Group (Gryphon Investors)
- 1st lien credit facility to Alacrity Solutions (Kohlberg & Company)
With more than $33 billion of capital under management and administration as of June 30, 2021, Antares is a private debt credit manager and a leading provider of financing and investment solutions for middle-market private equity-backed borrowers and investors. In the first half of 2021, Antares issued approximately $11 billion in financing commitments across more than 135 transactions. Since its founding in 1996, Antares has built one of the industry’s largest and longest-tenured portfolios of middle market companies, and has been recognized by industry organizations as a leading provider of middle market private debt. Through its Asset Management & Funding team, Antares offers investors the opportunity to invest in collateralized loan obligations, funds and separately managed accounts. Antares is committed to championing middle market growth throughout market cycles. Doing so allows its people, partners and communities to achieve their full potential. The company maintains offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Toronto. Visit Antares at www.antares.com or follow the company on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/antares-capital-lp. Antares Capital is a subsidiary of Antares Holdings LP, (collectively, “Antares”).