2020 was a rewarding year for EURid thanks to the following achievements:
- A healthy portfolio growth of 2.2% year over year.
- The bi-yearly registrar satisfaction survey with 97% satisfaction rate among EURid accredited registrars.
- The acknowledgement that the registry is operating in an effective and trustworthy way within the by-yearly European Commission report to the Parliament and the Council.
- The support of the ‘Water is Life’ project in Madagascar to offset its 2019 CO2 emissions.
- The launch of the Youth Committee to empower the next generation of Internet users to provide advice on .eu related matters.
- The take-off of an Action Plan to support SMEs that have a .eu-branded online identity.
- The kick-off of the Dynamic Coalition on Data and Trust (DC-DT) within the IGF framework.
- The 2020 Web Awards competition and gala, which featured Sting as special award-giver.
Read more in the EURid`s 2020 Annual Report.
EURid is the not-for-profit organisation that operates the .eu, .ею and .ευ top-level domains, following a tender process and appointment by the European Commission. EURid works with over 700 accredited registrars. As part of its ongoing commitment to data security, EURid has been certified for the ISO27001 security standard since 2013. EURid is also registered by the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), which is an expression of its environmental commitment. EURid has its headquarters in Diegem (Belgium), and regional offices in Pisa (Italy), Prague (the Czech Republic) and Stockholm (Sweden). More information at: www.eurid.eu.