HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PRSA HOUSTON, one of the nation's largest and most active chapters of the Public Relations Society of America, will host PR Day on June 24, 2021, with 20+ speakers discussing relevant topics including: diversity, equity & inclusion, leadership management, marketing & measurement, reputation and crisis management, social media influencing, branding and more.
The full-day event offers virtual speaker sessions, community discussion forum and virtual networking tables from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT followed by an in-person networking happy hour. The live sessions during the conference will be recorded and be available for six months after the event to attendees. HillDay Public Relations is the presenting sponsor for PR Day 2021.
PR Day attendees will be able to network and connect with communications professionals and speakers in live chats, gain inspiration and insight from industry leaders and learn tools & techniques to bring value to their business and elevate their career.
Deidre Mathis, Founder of Wanderstay Hospitality Group, is joining PR Day as the keynote speaker, sponsored by CenterPoint Energy. Mathis made history as the first African American female US hostel owner. The title of her address is "You owe it to yourself!" Hear why now, more than ever, you deserve to go after your goals and dreams. Practical steps and tools will be given to help motivate and encourage attendees to finally go after what they are passionate about.
Following the virtual conference, attendees in Houston will be able to attend an in-person networking happy hour at Kirby Ice House sponsored by the University of Houston’s Jack J. Valenti School of Communications, where attendees will be able to mingle, pick up sponsored merchandise and be eligible to win for raffles.
The cost of registration is $140 for PRSA members, $180 for non-members and $70 for students. Group registration discounts are also available, starting at 10% off groups of three or more.
The list of tracks, expert speakers and compelling discussion topics is listed below.
TRACK 1 - PR 101
- Vannessa Wade, Founder, Connect The Dots PR – “From the Classroom to the Boardroom, Branding From Within”
- Catherine Burch Graham, MS, APR, Principal, CBG Communications – “What’s Another Word for Competitor? Partner! Forging a Relationship With a Rival”
- Michelle Forsyth, CEO, Productivity Coach & Author Coach – “Effective Time Management for the PR Professional”
- Argentina James, President & CEO, HillDay Public Relations, Inc. & HillDay Industries, Inc. – “Diversity Within Diversity - PR 101”
- Deborah Buks, President and Founder, Ward – “Results: What Counts”
TRACK 2 - TOOLS & TECHNIQUES
- Misti Buard, Founder & Owner, Brand Appétit – “Influencer Marketing + Nano Influencers: How To Make It Work for Your Brand”
- Erica Holloway, Director of Public and Government Affairs, FCC Environmental Services – “The Secrets To Being Your Lifelong Happiest (PR) Someone”
- Maggie Malek, CEO, MMI Agency – “Marketing Lessons Learned Amid a Pandemic: What Consumers Really Want”
- Kami Huyse, CEO, Zoetica Media – “4 Smart Social Secrets to Rock Your Brand”
- Jackie Gil, Media Specialist + Spokesperson, Metro – “Showcasing Your D&I Commitment Through Impactful Video Content”
- Rolando Guajardo, Founder + Creative Strategist, Constell Media – “Showcasing Your D&I Commitment Through Impactful Video Content”
TRACK 3 - STRATEGY & IMPLEMENTATION
- Terry Hemeyer, Executive Counsel, Pierpont Communications – “Today's PR - A New Ballgame”
- Juan Alanis, Managing Partner, Big Oak Tree Media – “The Burgeoning Latinx Influencer Market”
- Christina Ferraz, Founder and Head Consultant, Thirty6five – “Keep It 100: Microaggressions to Multiculturalism in Reaching a Diverse Audience”
- Matt Wagner, Global Chair of Energy, Edelman – “Trust in Energy”
- Jd Estes, Senior Vice President, Edelman – “Trust in Energy”
- Roxanna Ulrich, Global Energy Sector Development Manager, Edelman – “Trust in Energy”
- Laura Frnka-Davis, APR, Principal, LFD Communications – “Opening Houston’s Newest Cultural Gem in the Midst of a Global Pandemic”
TRACK 4 - LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Jasmine Nelson, Certified Diversity Professional – “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace: Expectations vs. Reality”
- Cynthia Murga, Director, Lambert Global PR – “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace: Expectations vs. Reality”
- Cecilia Orellana-Rojas, PhD, Senior Vice President, National Diversity Council – “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace: Expectations vs. Reality”
- Rich Allen, Author, Tour De Profit – “How Epoxy, Maslow and a Crank Can Transform Your Relationship With Your Team Members”
- Philip Tate, APR, Fellow PRSA, President, Tate Strategic – “Mentorship Is Key to Career Success”
- Jackie Dryden, Chief Purpose Architect, Savage Brands – “Don’t Buy This Jacket”
- Alice Walton, President, Walton Strategies – “Solopreneuer: You Can Go Your Own Way”
Sponsors and exhibitors for PR Day include HillDay Public Relations, Business Wire, CenterPoint Energy, DiscPro Printing & Graphics, University of Texas - School of Advertising and PR, University of Houston - Valenti School of Communications, Swag Your Brand and D Jones Photography.
To learn more about PR Day 2021 visit https://prsahouston.org/prday.
ABOUT PRSA HOUSTON
With nearly 400 active chapter members, PRSA Houston is one of the nation's largest and most active chapters of the Public Relations Society of America. Founded in 1950, we help members become more valuable to their organizations and clients and, therefore, more successful professionally, by providing peer-based support, by encouraging professional growth through participation in educational programs and leadership roles, and by promoting the highest standards of professional competence and ethics.