NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--International Data Corporation (IDC), the premier global provider of market intelligence and advisory services, today unveiled 23 finalists in the inaugural IDC Future of Digital Innovation Awards, designed to highlight successful digital innovation projects and initiatives. IDC received more than 120 submissions for the first annual award program. Award winners will be announced on June 14th and will be part of the virtual IDC Digital Innovation Forum being held in August 2021. To learn more about these annual awards, please visit HERE.
Finalists were named in the following categories for Excellence in Use of Digital Innovation:
- City of Las Vegas - Smart City and Parks
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality - Pay it Forward
- ITU ETA - DOĞA'M EVİMDE (MY DOGA AT HOME)
- Turkish Government's Remote Education System - EBA Assistant: AI-based Virtual Assistant
- U.S. Air Force: Detachment 24, 19th Air Force, Air Education and Training Command - Virtual Mission Trainer
Insurance and Financial Services
- AvivaSA Pension and Life Insurance - Sales Mobility, Biometric Signature Paperless Sales Platform
- Bank of America – Erica
- Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation - Insurance Information Exchange
- Goldman Sachs - New Transaction Banking Platform
- Old Mutual Limited - Digital Transformation
- Raise Green - Raise Green Originator Engine
Open Data Sharing
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality - IMM Open Data Portal
- Shell - Open AI Energy Initiative
- Synaptic Health Alliance - Provider Data Exchange
Performance as a Service
- DAMEN Shipyards - TRITON Program
- Donaldson Company, Inc - Connected Filtration Service (iCue™ Service & Filter Minder Connect)
- Fluidra - Enhancing Customer Pool and Wellness experience sustainably through Digital Transformation
- Jotun - Hull Performance Solution
- Maersk S/A - Remote Container Management
- Toyo Tire Corporation - Digitization Transformation Journey of Toyo Tires
- Air Greenland - Data-Driven Customer Experiences in Real Time
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - Digital Queue Management Solution (DQMS)
- Mattel, Inc - Driving innovation with Fisher-Price® Smart Connect™
"Organizations are shifting their priorities from software consumption only towards producing software embedded in products and services. This shift enables an organization to compete in their own industry thereby transforming into high-performance, large-scale producers of software-based digital innovation," said Nancy Gohring, research director, Future of Digital Innovation, IDC.
Mickey North Rizza, program vice president, Enterprise Applications and Digital Commerce, IDC, added, "The IDC awards program was developed to showcase some of the most innovative digital projects and initiatives within key industries, to serve as best practice examples for others looking to replicate in their own organizations. We look forward to celebrating with the finalists and winners on their digital innovation efforts as they have transformed their organizations to be more digitally-enabled."
For more information on the IDC Future of Digital Innovation Awards, please contact Sarah Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC's Future of Digital Innovation Research Practice
IDC's Future of Digital Innovation research practice helps organizations build and execute the planning, sourcing, development, and distribution strategies necessary to become high-performance software producers. Operating as "digital innovation factories," enterprises will embed software in their products and services to create greater value for their customers and better compete in their own industries.
To learn more about all nine of IDC's Future of X research practices, please visit https://www.idc.com/FoX
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights.