NEWTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR) today announced the publication of its annual Sustainability Report, which outlines the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies, practices and industry recognitions of RMR and its clients, including Service Properties Trust (Nasdaq: SVC), Diversified Healthcare Trust (Nasdaq: DHC), Office Properties Income Trust (Nasdaq: OPI), Industrial Logistics Properties Trust (Nasdaq: ILPT), Five Star Senior Living Inc. (Nasdaq: FVE) and Sonesta International Hotels Corporation (Private).
Adam Portnoy, President and Chief Executive Officer of RMR made the following statement:
“In our annual sustainability report, we are proud to continue sharing our ESG strategies and showcasing our successes. Over our more than three decades in operation, sustainability has been integral to our business and our clients. Our sustainability practices — minimizing our impact on the environment, embracing the communities where we operate and attracting and supporting top professionals — are critical components of our long-term success.”
The most notable ESG-related achievements over the past year, summarized in the 2020 Sustainability Report, include the following:
- For the third consecutive year, RMR was named a 2021 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and for the first time was recognized in the program’s Sustained Excellence category. Additionally, OPI was honored as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year for the fourth consecutive year and recognized in the Sustained Excellence category for the second consecutive year.
- As of December 31, 2020, RMR’s managed portfolio included 53 buildings that were designated as BOMA 360 properties, 63 buildings that are ENERGY STAR® Certified and 35 buildings that hold LEED certifications. RMR ranked second for the number of buildings that were designated by the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) as BOMA 360 properties.
- RMR, OPI and ILPT were named as three of the Fastest Growing Middle Market Companies in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal in 2021. Both RMR and OPI were recognized for the second consecutive year as part of this program.
- RMR was named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts in the Large Employers category.
- RMR was ranked ninth in Commercial Property Executive’s 2020 list of Top 30 Commercial Property Management Companies.
The RMR Group provides property management services nationwide for nearly 1,300 properties with approximately 92 million square feet of office, industrial, medical office, life science and retail space. RMR exclusively provides property management services to its managed clients and does not offer stand-alone property management services to third-parties.
About The RMR Group Inc.
The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR) is a holding company and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC, or RMR. RMR is a leading U.S. alternative asset management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate (CRE) and related businesses. RMR’s vertical integration is supported by its more than 600 real estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage $32 billion in assets under management and leverage 35 years of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and operating CRE. RMR is headquartered in Newton, MA and was founded in 1986. For more information, please visit www.rmrgroup.com.