SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MOD Super-Fast Pizza Holdings, LLC (“MOD Pizza”, “MOD” or the “Company”) today announced the roll-out of its new salad menu across its 490+ stores nationwide. With an emphasis on high-quality, fresh ingredients, the new culinary offerings launched on April 26. As with its pizzas, customers have the option to customize any of the new classic salads or create their own, with MOD’s unique model of unlimited toppings for one flat price.
MOD’s new salad offering features four delicious options – Greek, Italian Chop, Garden and Caesar. Complementing the salads are three new, exclusive dressings – Greek Herb, Zesty Roma and Sherry Dijon – featuring simple ingredients and made with vinegars crafted and imported from Italy. MOD’s classic Caesar dressing, a customer favorite, remains on the menu.
“Our customers have long loved our pizzas for their quality and craveability, so we saw a big opportunity to elevate our salad offering and give our customers more of what they love about MOD,” said Scott Svenson, co-founder and CEO of MOD. “Best of all, we remain true to our key value proposition – the salads are completely customizable and always one price for unlimited toppings. We think it’s unique to the salad category and the perfect complement to great pizzas.”
New Classic Salads Just in Time for Spring
- Greek: Crisp romaine hand-tossed with new Greek Herb & Tahini vinaigrette, topped with creamy feta cheese, fresh red onion, sliced black olives, sweet & zesty peppers, fresh diced tomato, cucumber, and tender chickpeas.
- Italian Chop: Fresh Arugula and crisp romaine hand-tossed with new Zesty Roma Dressing, topped with creamy mozzarella, grated parmesan, sliced Salami, fresh red onion, sliced black olives, fresh diced green bell pepper, and chickpeas.
- Garden: A simple classic made with tender mixed greens and crisp romaine hand-tossed with new Sherry Dijon vinaigrette topped with fresh-diced tomato and cucumber.
- Caesar: Crisp romaine hand-tossed with MOD’s classic Caesar dressing topped with grated parmesan, shredded asiago cheese, fresh-diced tomato and finished with crunchy croutons.
New Craveable, Crafted Dressings
Each of MOD’s dressings deliver fresh, bright flavors designed to complement the new classic salads. Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan options are available.
- Sherry Dijon: Bright light-bodied vinaigrette combining aged sherry wine vinegar, soybean oil, whole grain mustard, garlic, shallots, tomato, a touch of salt, and seasoned with blue agave. Free of dairy, gluten and animal by-products.
- Greek Herb Tahini: Fresh vinaigrette with prosecco wine vinegar, soybean and extra virgin olive oils, garlic, onion, shallots, tahini, and seasoned with blue agave. Free of dairy, gluten and animal by-products.
- Zesty Roma: Flavorful and vibrant vinaigrette with golden balsamic vinegar, soybean and extra virgin olive oils, lemon, garlic, shallots, tomato, chipotles in adobo and seasoned with blue agave. Free of dairy, gluten and animal by-products.
- Caesar: A robust combination of parmesan cheese, anchovy, red wine vinegar, soybean oil, garlic, lemon juice and white wine. Gluten free.
“Our culinary team spent well over a year thoughtfully sourcing ingredients and tasting dozens of recipes to land just the right combination of flavors for our new salad menu,” said Mark Shambura, chief marketing officer for MOD. “When we tested the salads in several of our key markets last year, the response from our customers was overwhelming, with 9 out of 10 saying they would likely re-order one of our new salads. We’re excited to share our new offerings with existing customers, while also appealing to new customers and helping to expand our digital business.”
Win Salad for a Year with the “Golden Fork” and MOD Rewards® Exclusives
To celebrate the launch, which comes just days before National Salad Month in May, MOD will give 100 customers the opportunity to win a special “Golden Fork.” From May 3 through May 7, 2021, customers who digitally purchase a salad on the MOD App or at www.modpizza.com will be entered to win a Golden Fork, unlocking free salad each week for a year.
Beginning May 10th, MOD Rewards® members will also have the chance to order each of the new classic salads in digital channels with exclusive weekly offers throughout the month. Learn more about MOD Rewards at www.modpizza.com/rewards.
MOD is a purpose-led, people-first brand founded in Seattle in 2008 by serial entrepreneurs Scott and Ally Svenson. MOD serves individual artisan-style pizzas and salads that are made on demand, allowing customers to create their own pizzas and salads with any combination of over 30 toppings, all for one incredible price. With 490+ locations system-wide*, MOD is committed to creating not only a cool place to eat, but an inspired place to work. MOD recently earned a spot on the Fortune 2019 “Change the World” list, for its purpose-led culture and commitment to provide opportunities to individuals with barriers to employment. The Company has also been named America’s fastest growing chain restaurant by Technomic for four years running and named the most loved pizza brand by Foodable Network. MOD has earned a spot on the Inc.5000 list and has been recognized by Fortune as one of the “20 Best Workplaces in Retail,” a “Best Workplace for Women,” a “Best Workplace for Millennials,” and a “Best Workplace for Diversity.” For more information, please visit www.modpizza.com or connect with the brand via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The trademarks MOD, MOD Pizza, and the MOD Shield, are owned by MOD Super Fast Pizza, LLC.
*The term system-wide refers to all company-operated and licensed store locations.