DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Calcite Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The calcite market is expected to witness a CAGR of over 5%, globally, during the forecast period.
The growing demand for the paper and plastics packaging industry and the increasing demand from the building and construction industry are driving the market studied. Moreover, unfavorable conditions, arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak, are hindering the market growth.
- AKJ Minchem Pvt. Ltd
- Aranthangi Chemicals Pvt. Ltd
- Ashirwad Minerals & Marbles
- Celtic Chemicals Ltd
- Earth MineChem
- Fujian Sanmu Nano Calcium Carbonate Co. Ltd
- Guangdong Qiangda New Materials Technology Co. Ltd
- Gulshan Polyols Ltd
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Imerys SA
- Jay Minerals
- Krishna Minerals
- Mewar Microns
- Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Nghe An Mineral Joint Stock Company
- Nordkalk Corporation
- Omya AG
- Shanghai Calcium Carbonate Factory Co. Ltd
- Weifang Santi Chemical Co. Ltd
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for the Building and Construction Industry
Calcite mineral is widely used in building and construction, and it is expected to be the fastest-growing market, during the forecast period.
- Calcite is abundantly available, primarily as limestone and in metamorphic form as marble. Calcite is formed in the earth's crust, due to both chemical precipitation of calcium carbonate and from the transformation of shells, coral, and algal debris into calcite.
- In modern construction, calcite in the form of limestone is used to produce cement and concrete. Marbles impart beauty to the home, which is available in a variety of colors and patterns. The increasing demand for marbles in flooring, kitchen tabletops, and bathroom countertops are expected to drive market growth. They are used in commercial, as well as in residential buildings.
- The construction industry in the United States continued to expand in the future, owing to a strong economy and positive market fundamentals for commercial real estate, along with an increase in federal and state funding, for public works and institutional buildings.
- Furthermore, the construction industry in India has received a major boost by the investment of USD 1.4 billion, through private equity and venture capital investments, during October 2019.
- The growing need for infrastructure development in emerging economies is expected to drive the calcite market, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market Studied
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the calcite market, during the forecast period, due to the rapid increase in demand from countries, like China and India.
- Calcite as grounded calcium carbonate is mainly used as a filler for papermaking due to its high brightness, light scattering characteristics, abundant availability, and low cost, as compared to kaolin.
- The growing demand for paper packaging and tissue products in countries, like China and India, is expected to drive the market.
- Apart from paper, growing infrastructure demands are expected to contribute to the growth of the calcite market. The Indian government has allocated USD 63 billion for the infrastructure sector in 2019-2020, and it is planning to spend USD 1.4 trillion over the next five years.
- Moreover, according to the National Development and Reform Commission of China, the Chinese government approved 26 infrastructure projects at an estimated investment of about USD 142 billion in 2019, which are expected to be completed by 2023.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for the calcite market in Asia-Pacific, during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for the Paper and Plastics Packaging Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Building and Construction Industry
4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building and Construction
5.2.2 Paper and Pulp
5.2.3 Paints and Coatings
5.2.4 Plastics and Polymers
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3 By Geography
5.3.2 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/p5ndbc