LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The new air cargo market research from Technavio indicates negative growth in the short term as the business impact of COVID-19 spreads.
Get detailed insights on the COVID-19 pandemic crisis and recovery analysis of the air cargo market.
"One of the primary growth drivers for this market is the increased e-commerce sales,” says a senior analyst for the industrials industry at Technavio. The vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments. As the markets recover, Technavio expects the air cargo market size to grow by 16.75 million tons during the period 2020-2024.
Air Cargo Market Segment Highlights for 2020
- The air cargo market is expected to post a year-over-year growth rate of 4.70%.
- Based on the end-user, the manufacturing segment led the market in 2019. The market growth is driven by the increase in e-commerce sales.
- The market growth in the segment will be significant over the forecast period.
- 58% of the growth will originate from the APAC region.
- The availability of raw materials at a lower cost than other regions and increasing pharmaceutical drug and medicine production will increase the market growth in the APAC.
- China and Japan are the key markets for air cargo in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Click here to learn about report detailed analysis and insights on how you can leverage them to grow your business.
Related Reports on Industrials Include:
Global Air Charter Services Market- The air charter services market size is segmented by application (charter passenger, charter freight, and others) and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Global Commercial Airlines Market- The commercial airline market is segmented by revenue stream (passenger and cargo) and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
- The air cargo market size is expected to accelerate at a CAGR of almost 5% during the forecast period.
- The air cargo market is segmented by end-user (manufacturing, FMCG and retail, pharmaceuticals & chemicals, and other industries) and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America).
- The market is fragmented due to the presence of many established vendors holding significant market share.
- The research report offers information on several market vendors, including Air France-KLM SA, Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd., China Airlines Ltd., Delta Air Lines Inc., Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Deutsche Post DHL Group, FedEx Corp., International Consolidated Airlines Group SA, The Emirates Group, and United Parcel Service Inc.
Register for a free trial today to access 17,000+ market research reports using Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.