LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio has been monitoring the business-to-consumer e-commerce market in China and it is poised to grow by USD 3851.34 billion during 2020-2024, decelerating at a CAGR of over 31% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, the latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries, however, the immediate impact of the outbreak is varied. While a few industries will register a drop in demand, numerous others will continue to remain unscathed and show promising growth opportunities. COVID-19 will have a high impact on the business-to-consumer e-commerce market in China. The market growth in 2020 is likely to increase compared to market growth in 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Based on segmentation by the product, which is the leading segment in the market?
The apparel segment led the market in 2019.
What are the major trends in the market?
The easy payment option is the major trend in the market.
At what rate is the market projected to grow?
The market growth will decelerate at a CAGR of over 31% during 2020-2024.
Who are the top players in the market?
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc., GOME Retail Holdings Ltd., JD.com Inc., LightInTheBox Holding Co. Ltd., Rakuten Inc., Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., Suning Holdings Group, and Vipshop Holdings Ltd. are the top players in the market.
What are the key market drivers and challenges?
The market is driven by the increase in internet and smartphone penetration. However, the absence of touch and feel elements in online shopping might challenge growth.
Related Reports on Consumer Discretionary Include:
Global Business Travel Market- The business travel market is segmented by expenditure (travel fare, lodging, dining, and other expenditure), age (above 40 years and below 40 years), application (marketing, internal meeting, trade show, and product launch), and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Global Food Delivery Services Market- The food delivery services market is segmented by geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA) and market landscape (order focused and logistics focused). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will decelerate during the forecast period. Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc., GOME Retail Holdings Ltd., JD.com Inc., LightInTheBox Holding Co. Ltd., Rakuten Inc., Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., Suning Holdings Group, and Vipshop Holdings Ltd. are some of the major market participants. Although the increase in Internet and smartphone penetration offers immense growth opportunities, the absence of touch and feel elements in online shopping is likely to pose a challenge for the market vendors. In a bid to help players strengthen their market foothold, this business-to-consumer e-commerce market in China forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the leading market vendors. The report also empowers industry honchos with information on the competitive landscape and insights into the different product offerings offered by various companies.
Technavio's custom research reports offer detailed insights on the impact of COVID-19 at an industry level, a regional level, and subsequent supply chain operations. This customized report will also help clients keep up with new product launches in direct & indirect COVID-19 related markets, upcoming vaccines and pipeline analysis, and significant developments in vendor operations and government regulations.
Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China 2020-2024: Segmentation
Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China is segmented as below:
- Apparel, Footwear, And Accessories
- Consumer Electronics And Electricals
- Beauty And Personal Care Products
- Mobile Devices And PCs
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research, download a free sample: https://www.technavio.com/talk-to-us?report=IRTNTR45625
Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China 2020-2024: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The business-to-consumer e-commerce market in china report covers the following areas:
- Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China Size
- Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China Trends
- Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China Industry Analysis
This study identifies easy payment options as one of the prime reasons driving the Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market growth in China during the next few years.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Technavio’s in-depth research has direct and indirect COVID-19 impacted market research reports.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Business-To-Consumer E-Commerce Market in China 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist the business-to-consumer e-commerce market growth in China during the next five years
- Estimation of the business-to-consumer e-commerce market in China size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the business-to-consumer e-commerce market in China
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of business-to-consumer e-commerce market vendors in China
Table of Contents:
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Five forces summary
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- The threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Product
- Market segments
- Comparison by Product
- Consumer electronics and electricals - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Beauty and personal care products - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Infant's and mother's products - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Others - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Product
Market Segmentation by Device used
- Market segments
- Comparison by Device used
- Mobile devices - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- PCs - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Device used
- Market drivers – Demand led growth
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive scenario
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc.
- GOME Retail Holdings Ltd.
- JD.com Inc.
- LightInTheBox Holding Co. Ltd.
- Rakuten Inc.
- Sun Art Retail Group Ltd.
- Suning Holdings Group
- Vipshop Holdings Ltd.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.