BROOKLYN, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IPA lovers, rejoice; this January, global craft beer innovator Brooklyn Brewery is expanding its non-alcoholic line with the introduction of Special Effects IPA.
Coming off the success of their first non-alcoholic brew, Special Effects Hoppy Amber, Brooklyn Brewery is taking on IPA--the most popular craft beer style out there--and welcoming it to the non-alcoholic space. This Special Effects IPA release expands the Brewery’s portfolio of non-alcoholic brews, and like its predecessor, Special Effects IPA’s full, hoppy flavor tastes exactly like a regular beer, but therein lies the special effect: it's not.
“During development, we held ourselves to the same quality standards as any other beer in the Brooklyn portfolio, but Special Effects IPA posed an alluring technical challenge; could a non-alcoholic IPA actually be delicious? People will be glad to see that Special Effects IPA tastes like IPA! In this case we’re a bit closer to a classic, West Coast IPA, with a light to moderate body, good fruit, a nice hop bite and a floral, citrus hop aroma,” says Brooklyn Brewery Brewmaster and James Beard Award Winner, Garrett Oliver.
Proving yet again that flavor doesn’t always have to correlate with alcohol content, Special Effects IPA brings the bright citrus hop aromas of a classic IPA to consumers seeking better non-alcoholic beverage options. The new non-alcoholic IPA comes in at under 100 calories and is brewed to be enjoyed anytime, anywhere.
Special Effects IPA is the second release in Brooklyn Brewery’s non-alcoholic portfolio. Since its launch in 2019, Special Effects has grown to the Brewery's #5 largest brand globally, and deemed one of the best non-alcoholic beers by teetotalers, beer geeks, and everyone in between.
“When we first developed Special Effects Hoppy Amber, we were determined to show the consumer that non-alcoholic beer doesn’t have to be about taking something away, but rather that it adds to the experience,” says Brooklyn Brewery’s CEO Eric Ottaway. “Since that launch, craft non-alcoholic beers have seen triple digit growth this past year. In sticking with our belief that non-alcoholic beverages are for everyone, and given that IPA’s are by far the most dominant category in the craft beer industry, it made natural sense to focus our attention on craft’s most popular style as we are expanding the Special Effects family.”
WHERE TO GET SPECIAL EFFECTS IPA:
Special Effects IPA is launching in the US through the Brewery’s 30+ state footprint beginning January 2021 in 6pk x 12 oz. cans. It will be available:
- On & off premise retailers where Brooklyn Brewery is sold
- For purchase directly from Brooklyn Brewery’s online store, for qualifying states.
- Through an expanding distribution partnership and in-store program with Whole Foods, consumers can expect an unprecedented level of access to Brooklyn Special Effects Special Effects IPA. Kicking off for Dry January, it will be available for in-store purchase, nationally in all states where Brooklyn Brewery is distributed.
- International roll out will follow in 2021
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE NON-ALCOHOLIC BEER MARKET:
- In the last 52 weeks ending on Nov. 1, 2020, market research firm IRI found that N/A beer sales rose 38% in the U.S., to $181 million compared with the same period a year earlier.
- With the current rate of growth, it would bring the non-alcoholic market to a more robust 1.5 or 2% of total beer sales within another four years.
- According to a poll by Morning Consult, more than 46 percent of all adults in the U.S. have tried non-alcoholic beer.
- According to IWSR [International Wines & Spirits Record] forecasting, low and non-alcoholic beer volume is predicted to remain resilient through 2024, with a CAGR [Compound Annual Growth Rate] growth of 5.9% [2019 - 2024]. [Beverage Daily]
For updates and more information on Special Effects IPA, please visit: Special Effects IPA
For hi-res assets [Credit: Courtesy of Brooklyn Brewery]: Media Library
ABOUT BROOKLYN BREWERY’S SPECIAL EFFECTS PORTFOLIO:
Brooklyn Brewery Special Effects is inspired by the global movements of changing drinking habits, brewed with a focus on wellness and mindful consumption. Our family of non-alcoholic brews uphold our standards of creating flavorful beverages that embody structure, elegance, and an innovation that takes beer where it’s never been before: delivering all the flavor, with zero distractions. They’re brewed for more places, more occasions, and more people. Enjoy Special Effects on lunch breaks, at work happy hours, pre and post workouts, during very late nights, and at every virtual moment beyond.
Since it's U.S. launch - and despite COVID-19 trends - Special Effects Hoppy Amber has seen huge success becoming #2 in the craft non-alcoholic category in less than a year, and ranking among the best non-alcoholic beers by VinePair, Gear Patrol, Wine Enthusiast, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, InsideHook, Town and Country and more.
ABOUT BROOKLYN BREWERY
Brooklyn Brewery is a leading global independent craft brewer and a pioneer of the American craft beer revolution. From our home in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, we draw inspiration from our local community of innovators and makers to spread the culture and creativity of craft beer to over 30 states and more than 30 countries on 5 continents. Learn more at brooklynbrewery.com.