FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Staples US Retail announced the winners of their Thank A Teacher program, a contest that gave parents and students a platform to recognize a teacher who has gone above and beyond to make a positive impact. Teachers play a pivotal role in the lives of every student, and during this unique and challenging school year, acknowledging their impact is more important than ever. Thousands of parents, students and colleagues across the country took this opportunity to do just that, and each story submitted to the Thank A Teacher contest is a testament to just how remarkable our teachers are.
The 20 stand-out teachers each received $5,000 in Staples gift cards to help their school purchase the supplies and equipment needed to support their students – no matter where they’re learning.
“In a year unlike any other, Staples is proud to support teachers nationwide as they navigate new ways of working and learning,” said Marshall Warkentin, Chief Marketing & Merchandising Officer, Staples US Retail. “We heard so many inspirational stories of teachers who have found ways to continue to connect with their students despite the roadblocks they’ve faced. We owe them gratitude more than ever this year, and the winners of the Thank A Teacher contest prove that, no matter the obstacle, teachers continue to rise to the challenge for our children.”
Sharing Gratitude for Teachers
This past July, during the Back to School season, Staples encouraged parents and students to nominate outstanding teachers by sharing their personal stories of thanks and appreciation on Twitter or Instagram. Nominations were also accepted online via a form on Staples.com/ThankATeacher.
After receiving thousands of heart-warming nominations in this year’s contest, a team of judges carefully reviewed each submission, selecting a group of 20 educators who have shown the utmost dedication and commitment to their students. While each teacher’s story was unique, they all shared a common theme: the great lengths and tireless efforts put in to ensure the success and happiness of their students, especially in challenging times. From making personal visits to students’ homes, to orchestrating virtual band performances, to livening up virtual study sessions with humor, the Thank a Teacher winners are willing to do it all for their students.
2020 Thank A Teacher Program Winners
Staples is proud to acknowledge and celebrate the following teachers for their outstanding contributions to their students and communities:
- Erin A., Westlake Hills Elementary School (Westlake Village, CA)
- Diane B., Hastings Middle School (Hastings, NE)
- Monica C., Edwin M. Wells Middle School (Houston, TX)
- Stephanie C., Oakfield-Alabama Elementary School (Oakfield, NY)
- Vanessa C., Alvina Elementary School (Caruthers, CA)
- Melanie C., Girls Prep Bronx Elementary (Bronx, NY)
- Deni D., Edison Regional Gifted Center (Chicago, IL)
- Andre E., JP McCaskey High School (Lancaster, PA)
- Ashley F., Brushton-Moira Central School (Brushton, NY)
- Leticia G., Clemente Martinez Elementary (Houston, TX)
- Cory Anne H., Hawthorn School (Salem, IL)
- Danielle H., Dr. Owen L. Knox Elementary (Los Angeles, CA)
- Peter M., Central Dauphin Middle School (Harrisburg, PA)
- Shona M., Trinity Christian School (Concord, NH)
- Sarah N., Saddlewood Elementary School (Albany, NY)
- Jenna P., Oak Street Elementary (Franklin, MA)
- Melissa R., Fontana High School (Fontana, CA)
- Stephanie R., Academy of Excellence South (Milwaukee, WI)
- Todd S., Quakertown Community School (Quakertown, PA)
- Melanie T., Trenton’s Ninth Grade Academy (Trenton, NJ)
To learn more about the individual stories behind Staples 2020 Thank A Teacher winners, visit www.staplesconnect.com/learning.
About Staples US Retail
Staples US Retail supports lifelong achievement for small businesses and consumers with the products and resources they need for continued professional and personal growth. With a focus on community working and learning, Staples retail locations serve millions of customers from entrepreneurs and small businesses to parents, teachers and students. For more information about Staples US Retail please visit StaplesConnect.com, and to stay up to date on weekly deals, please visit us in store or online at staples.com®.