DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) (the “Company”), a premier provider of secure, reliable, high-performance data center, cloud and interconnection solutions in major U.S. metropolitan areas, today announced the opening of phase one of its new ground-up, enterprise class data center development in Los Angeles.
CoreSite has designed a 160,000+ square foot facility with a total of 18 megawatts of capacity, referred to as LA3, in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, and adjacent to CoreSite’s LA2 facility. The LA3 data center is the first purpose-built, ground-up development in downtown Los Angeles. CoreSite has completed phase one of the LA3 development, which consists of 51,000 square feet and six megawatts of capacity. Customers can have direct access to the largest interconnection community in North America while deploying in a modern, optimally efficient data center.
“LA3 expands our footprint in Los Angeles – one of our most high-demand markets – expanding our world-class ecosystem connectivity,” says Brian Warren, CoreSite’s Senior Vice President of Development and Product Engineering. “We believe this enterprise-class, purpose built, ground-up development will be extremely well suited to meet our customers’ needs.”
LA3 has a resilient and efficient design with:
- Optimized connectivity, three separate diverse fiber entry routes into the new data center
- High-count diverse dark fiber connecting LA3 to CoreSite’s LA1 and LA2 data center facilities. Customers are a cross connect away from accessing one of the world’s most well-developed ecosystems of cloud providers, networks and subsea cables.
- Designed for high resiliency, with all systems concurrently maintainable with diverse power delivery paths to the customer during maintenance activities
- Sustainably designed cooling system that utilizes economization for more than 60% of the year
- Compliant with LEED and ENERGY STAR design standards
Expansive Los Angeles Campus with Robust Ecosystem
CoreSite’s Los Angeles campus boasts one of the most well-developed data center ecosystems in the world, including domestic and international carriers, enterprises, cloud computing providers, media and entertainment firms, social networking sites and gaming companies. Tethered together by high-density dark-fiber, the campus is comprised of over 670 networks, cloud and enterprise customers.
As part of a connected campus, LA3 is positioned to deliver a rich community of:
- Enterprises with high-performance, low latency needs
- Best-of-breed solution partners for hybrid cloud architecture, migration and managed services needs
- Leading cloud service and content providers accessed via The CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange® featuring AWS Direct Connect, Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud Direct Link and Oracle FastConnect
- The largest selection of networks, including leading network providers deployed natively into LA3, create a low-latency network solution with global carriers, subsea cables, metro networks, SDNs and more
- Interconnection, Data Centers and the Future — Get competitive with your digital strategy
- Los Angeles Market Highlights, Brochure and Map — Build your digital foundation in a downtown data center campus that meets your performance and growth needs now and in the future
- Accelerate Your Digital Business with CoreSite — Read about the competitive advantages your business can benefit from by working with a network-dense, cloud-enabled colocation provider like CoreSite
- CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange — Connect across the U.S. and simplify your multi-cloud, multi-site network configuration
- CoreSite’s Inter-Site Connectivity — The freedom to scale without constraints through connectivity between data center sites and across regions
Contact Our Team
For further information on CoreSite’s new LA3 Data Center and its Los Angeles campus, please contact Gerry Fassig, Vice President of Sales at Gerry.Fassig@coresite.com or Evan Ducker, General Manager, Los Angeles, at Evan.Ducker@CoreSite.com.
Request a Tour > Let us take you on a virtual or live tour of a state-of-the-art CoreSite facility.
CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) delivers secure, reliable, high-performance data center, cloud and interconnection solutions to a growing customer ecosystem across eight key North American markets. More than 1,350 of the world’s leading enterprises, network operators, cloud providers, and supporting service providers choose CoreSite to connect, protect and optimize their performance-sensitive data, applications and computing workloads. Our scalable, flexible solutions and 460+ dedicated employees consistently deliver unmatched data center options — all of which leads to a best-in-class customer experience and lasting relationships. For more information, visit www.CoreSite.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases that are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and that do not relate solely to historical matters. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and contingencies, many of which are beyond CoreSite’s control that may cause actual results to differ significantly from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. These risks include, without limitation: the geographic concentration of the Company’s data centers in certain markets and any adverse developments in local economic conditions or the level of supply of or demand for data center space in these markets; fluctuations in interest rates and increased operating costs; difficulties in identifying properties to acquire and completing acquisitions; significant industry competition, including indirect competition from cloud service providers; failure to obtain necessary outside financing; the ability to service existing debt; the failure to qualify or maintain its status as a REIT; financial market fluctuations; changes in real estate and zoning laws and increases in real property tax rates; the effects on our business operations, demand for our services and general economic conditions resulting from the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) in our markets, as well as orders, directives and legislative action by local, state and federal governments in response to such spread of COVID-19; and other factors affecting the real estate industry generally. All forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith beliefs, assumptions and expectations, but they are not guarantees of future performance. Furthermore, the Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, of new information, data or methods, future events or other changes. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could cause the Company’s future results to differ materially from any forward-looking statements, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in its most recent annual report on Form 10-K, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.