CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aternity®, the enterprise-class Digital Experience Management Company™, today released Volume 6 of its Global Remote Work Productivity Tracker series to shed light on how CIOs are investing and preparing for long-term remote work. The report is based on data aggregated from millions of employee devices from companies leveraging Aternity’s SaaS platform around the world.
The latest version of Aternity’s Global Remote Work Productivity Tracker explores how the shift to the work-from-everywhere enterprise is influencing technology investments and impacting employee productivity. The main takeaway is that companies have accelerated laptop upgrades since the massive shift to remote work began in early March, and those upgrades have paid off as employees save up to one hour per day in productivity, depending on the extent to which they rely on web applications for their jobs.
Key findings from the report include:
- The percentage of employees working from home in Europe has increased by 14% since July 19th to 73%, driven by resurgent outbreaks. North America continues to have the highest share of employees working remotely (83%) as of November 1st.
- The share of employees working remotely remains above 50% for every industry except education. However, both education and healthcare continue to show gains as a result of increased remote learning and telehealth, respectively.
- Since March, use of devices with 8th, 9th, and 10th generation CPUs increased by 13.7% as compared to before the pandemic. This corresponded with a 10.8% decline in use of 6th or earlier generation devices, and a small 2.9% drop in usage of 7th generation CPU-based machines.
- Employees working on devices based on newer generation CPUs spend 37% less time waiting for pages to load, as compared to those on 6th generation or older devices. This results in a productivity gain between 3 minutes to an hour per employee per day.
- 93.4% of companies plan to make remote work permanent or adopt a hybrid workplace model going forward, according to a survey conducted during Aternity’s Digital Experience Now event in October 2020.
“Improving the digital employee experience has become a top priority for companies worldwide as they manage the work-from-everywhere enterprise,” said Bill Hewitt, President and CEO, Aternity. “Our data shows that one of the easiest ways to enhance business-wide productivity is by upgrading to newer-generation laptops that have significantly quicker load times for virtually every application. When it comes to delivering value for the enterprise, CIOs know that endpoint upgrades are an effective way to improve productivity and create an engaging digital workplace.”
Aternity’s Digital Experience Management platform, delivered via SaaS, is a robust and high-availability digital experience management solution that provides insights companies need to support productive workforces, reduce IT-related costs, and improve employee and customer satisfaction. Equipped with newly released troubleshooting dashboards that provide next-level visibility for IT teams, Aternity’s SaaS-delivered platform empowers companies to keep pace with rapidly changing technology environments and identify investments to make to positively impact the digital employee experience.
“Many factors impact employee productivity across work-from-everywhere enterprises – devices, Wi-Fi, network connectivity and application performance, to name a few,” said Raviv Chalamish, VP of Products, Aternity. “The best way to ensure technology doesn’t negatively impact employee productivity is for IT to monitor these variables in real-time to spot anomalies and remediate issues quickly. Aternity’s advanced troubleshooting dashboards give IT teams the visibility needed to prevent major IT disruptions and ensure that employees are able to stay productive.”
To learn more about how Aternity helps leading organizations deliver exceptional digital experiences to employees, please visit: www.aternity.com.
To learn more about Volume 6 of Aternity’s Remote Work Productivity Tracker series, please visit: https://info.aternity.com/WEB-GlobalRemoteWorkProductivityTrackerV6_LP.html
Aternity, the leader in Digital Experience Management, transforms the employee experience in the digital workplace, with enterprise-scale analytics for every application, all transactions, any device, and all users. The Company’s AI-powered visibility and self-healing control help IT optimize business application performance to improve employee productivity and customer satisfaction, mitigate the risk of IT transformation, and drive down the cost of IT operations. Aternity is a Thoma Bravo backed company, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with offices globally. Learn more at Aternity.com.
Aternity and any Aternity product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Aternity, LLC. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.