GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the world’s largest regional theme park company, is decking the halls and making spirits bright during its annual holiday extravaganza, Holiday in the Park, at eight locations; and is debuting a new event—Holiday in the Park Lights—at Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
“Holiday in the Park is such a time-honored and beloved tradition for our guests as well as our team members. We are thrilled to offer both the customary event, and a new, modified version as we await guidance to reopen fully at these two parks,” said Senior Vice President of Park Operations Bonnie Weber. “We have proven that we can operate our parks with the utmost attention to safety and cleanliness and there is no better time and no better place than Six Flags to create special memories this season. We are ready to welcome our guests for an immersive and thrilling holiday celebration in a safe, outdoor environment.”
New and guest favorite Holiday in the Park offerings for 2020 include:
- Record breaking roller coasters, thrill rides and family attractions;
- Millions of dazzling LED lights and spectacular light displays throughout;
- Beautifully adorned Christmas trees featuring poinsettias, peppermint swirls, and twinkling stars;
- Socially distanced meet-and-greets with favorite characters;
- Scrumptious, seasonal menu items like the new Coca-Cola cinnamon beverage, peppermint funnel cake sundaes, fried gingerbread cookies, along with favorite comfort dishes including meatloaf, roasted turkey with all of the trimmings and hot chili and savory soups served in bread bowls;
- Making gooey s’mores and keeping warm and toasty over wood-burning fire pits;
- Dozens of holiday-inspired, Instagram-worthy photo opportunities featuring giant ornaments, massive stacks of presents, and larger-than-life toys;
- One-stop holiday shopping with hundreds of perfect stocking stuffers including holiday-themed apparel, unique ornaments, and soft plush toys. For every Holiday Friend plush toy purchased, Six Flags will donate a plush to local children’s hospitals and non-profit organizations while supplies last; and
- Parks will also host food drives throughout the run of the event to benefit local communities.
The following Six Flags locations will host Holiday in the Park:
- Six Flags Great Adventure
- Six Flags Over Texas
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Six Flag St. Louis
- Six Flags America
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- Frontier City
- The Great Escape (Holiday in the Park at the Lodge)
Six Flags Debuts New ‘Holiday in the Park Lights’ at Two Locations
The new Holiday in the Park Lights offers guests a magical walk-through experience featuring millions of dazzling holiday lights, themed entertainment, and delicious, seasonal menu items. Per each park’s state and local guidelines, rides will not be in operation, however there will be plenty to see, taste, and enjoy with family and friends in a safe and fun holiday setting.
- Continuous, twinkling holiday light displays throughout the parks, created to keep guests moving and engaged;
- World-class entertainment designed for socially-distanced, open-air viewing;
- Socially-distanced photo opportunities with costumed characters;
- Opportunities to observe and learn more about the marine animals in the park’s care at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom;
- Special, seasonal culinary treats; and
- Holiday shopping at select retail locations.
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create an experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend Holiday in the Park and Holiday in the Park Lights.
- All team members and all guests 2 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- No indoor shows will be operated;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
Holiday in the Park will operate weekends and select days through January 2021 and is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes. For specific park hours and Holiday in the Park offerings, visit http://www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 59 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Holiday in the Park® is a registered trademark of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc.
Follow us on Twitter @SixFlags
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflags