LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The global same-day delivery market size is poised to grow by USD 9.73 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of about 22% throughout the forecast period, according to the latest report by Technavio. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment. The report also provides the market impact and new opportunities created due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Download a Free Sample of REPORT with COVID-19 Crisis and Recovery Analysis.
The rising penetration of internet and the growing inclination towards online shopping has significantly contributed to the growth of the B2C e-commerce market in the US. This has increased the demand for parcel delivery services to the B2C e-commerce market. In addition, the growing competition has compelled many e-tailers to reduce their lead time to gain an edge over their rivals in the market. For instance, in 2018, Jet.com introduced same-day delivery for groceries, everyday essentials, and select merchandise in New York. Similarly, in February 2018, Deliv launched Deliv Rx to extend its same-day services to patients, doctors, pharmacies, hospitals, labs, and clinics. All these factors are contributing to the growth of the same-day delivery market in US.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports. Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
- The major same-day delivery market growth came from the regular service segment in 2019. This is due to the increasing number of partnerships between apparel retailers and logistics players in the US.
- B2C was the largest market for same-day delivery in 2019, and the segment will offer several growth opportunities to market vendors during the forecast period. This is attributed to the growth of the online grocery market in the US.
- The global same-day delivery market is concentrated. A1-SameDay Delivery Service Inc., Deliv, Deutsche Post AG, Express Courier, FedEx Corp., Last Mile Logistics, Power Link Expedite, United Parcel Service of America Inc., USA Couriers, and Zipline are some of the major market participants. To help clients improve their market position, this same-day delivery market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the market leaders.
- As the business impact of COVID-19 spreads, the global same-day delivery market 2020-2024 is expected to have positive. As the pandemic spreads in some regions and plateaus in other regions, we revaluate the impact on businesses and update our report forecasts.
Read the full report here: https://www.technavio.com/report/same-day-delivery-market-in-the-us-industry-analysis
Increasing demand from the medical and healthcare industry will be a key market trend
The US is home to many global players in the pharmaceutical industry. In 2019, the pharmaceutical industry was valued between 40% to 46% of the global value. In addition, the government spending on R&D of new drugs has been on the rise since 2014. Many pharmaceutical retailers in the country have started selling products through online platforms. In addition, retailers of medical and healthcare products are partnering with delivery players for emergency transportation of medical goods, blood specimens, and medical equipment for hospitals, clinics, and testing labs. These factors have increased the demand for same-day delivery services in the US, which is driving market growth.
Technavio’s sample reports are free of charge and contain multiple sections of the report, such as the market size and forecast, drivers, challenges, trends, and more. Request a free sample report
Same-Day Delivery Market 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist same-day delivery market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the same-day delivery market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the same-day delivery market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of same-day delivery market vendors
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
- Market Overview
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by End-user
- Market segments
- Comparison by End user placement
- B2C - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- B2B - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- C2C - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by End user
Market Segmentation by Service
- Market segments
- Comparison by Service placement
- Regular service - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Priority service - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Rush service - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Service
Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- Market drivers
- Volume driver - Demand led growth
- Volume driver - Supply led growth
- Volume driver - External factors
- Volume driver - Demand shift in adjacent markets
- Price driver - Inflation
- Price driver - Shift from lower to higher priced units
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- A1-SameDay Delivery Service Inc.
- Deutsche Post AG
- Express Courier
- FedEx Corp.
- Last Mile Logistics
- Power Link Expedite
- United Parcel Service of America Inc.
- USA Couriers
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.