ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National homebuilder PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM) announced a new series of Pulte Homes features designed to meet the needs of today’s homebuyers navigating the “new normal.” Based on the results of in-depth consumer research, these innovative offerings are focused on healthy living at home, added storage opportunities and creating an environment for increased home-based activities, including work, exercise, learn and play.
“The pandemic has clearly changed what people want and need from their homes,” said John Chadwick, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of PulteGroup. “In addition to being a place to eat, relax, and sleep, homes must now support working and/or learning from home, help to keep us healthy, be able to store more vital supplies, and provide space for indoor and outdoor play; all things Pulte Homes is now offering.”
As Pulte Homes looks to the future of its home designs, it will focus on six key consumer concepts:
- Work – space and technology for multiple adults to productively work from home
- Storage – ability to store more necessities without giving up living space
- Play – ample indoor spaces for relaxing and outdoor areas to enjoy company while social distancing
- Health – keeping homes as healthy and virus-free as possible
- Learn – specific, distraction-free areas for focused learning
- Gym – dedicated space for at-home workouts and equipment storage
While all concepts were deemed important, potential homebuyers rated four of them –work, storage, play and health – as having the largest value and significantly increasing their likelihood to visit a Pulte Homes community or sales center.
Additionally, potential homebuyers were asked to rank features within each of the concepts. The top features across all six concepts are now available in Pulte Homes communities throughout the country:
- Enhanced WiFi – superior WiFi, pre-wired throughout the home
- Oversized Pantry – extra space to stock up on bulk items and free up countertop space by storing small kitchen appliances
- Large Learn-In Bedroom – large child’s bedroom with extra space for a desk to double as a study room
- Antimicrobial Countertop – non-porous surfaces that block bacteria, mold, and mildew from penetrating the surface
- Outdoor Living – enhanced outdoor living space for entertaining while social distancing
- Dedicated Home Office – designated office space to productively work from home
- Hardwired Internet Outlets – hardwired outlets for home office to deliver strong consistent connectivity resulting in improved speed and internet stability
“Pulte Homes is an industry leader when it comes to product innovation, as we continually listen to our homebuyers to create truly consumer-inspired homes for each buyer group: first time, move up and active adult,” said Manish Shrivastava, Chief Marketing Officer of PulteGroup. “COVID-19 has made a lasting impact on our lives, so it is crucial that our homes evolve to provide a sense of comfort, safety and meet the changing needs of our homebuyers.”
“For example, the top desired feature is enhanced WiFi as more Americans are working and learning from home, and we are the first national builder to prewire houses for superior WiFi coverage as standard for all new homes,” said Shrivastava.
Other notable home features highlighted from the homebuyer survey, which the Company is exploring for future home innovation, include:
- Exercise Machine Nook – a dedicated exercise niche
- Tandem Garage – third garage space for storage and a second refrigerator for bulk grocery overflow
- H2O Filtration System – whole house water filtration to deliver clean water to every faucet
- Hospital-Grade Air Filtration – air filters for cleaner and improved air quality throughout the home
- Snack Zone – where kids can get their own snacks in a separate beverage fridge/pantry area
- Beverage Center – a separate area for beverages and snacks
To learn more about Pulte Homes’ innovative designs, visit https://www.pulte.com/innovative-home-designs.
About Pulte Homes
Pulte Homes is a national brand of PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM). Pulte Homes builds consumer inspired homes and communities that provide the move-up buyer the best quality of life. Only Pulte Homes offers the combination of innovative Life Tested Home Designs® with an unwavering commitment to quality and attention to detail. For more information about Pulte Homes, visit www.pulte.com.
PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM), based in Atlanta, Georgia, is one of America’s largest homebuilding companies with operations in 40 markets throughout the country. Through its brand portfolio that includes Centex, Pulte Homes, Del Webb, DiVosta Homes, American West and John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods, the company is one of the industry’s most versatile homebuilders able to meet the needs of multiple buyer groups and respond to changing consumer demand. PulteGroup’s purpose is building incredible places where people can live their dreams.
For more information about PulteGroup, Inc. and PulteGroup’s brands, go to pultegroup.com; www.pulte.com; www.centex.com; www.delwebb.com; www.divosta.com; www.jwhomes.com; and www.americanwesthomes.com. Follow PulteGroup, Inc. on Twitter: @PulteGroupNews.