LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ViacomCBS earned 83 Academy of Television Arts & Sciences 72nd Primetime Emmy Award nominations across its combined portfolio.
Brands from the ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Group landed 41 Primetime Emmy nominations.
- Comedy Central scored 12 nominations for its programming. “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” led with six – the most since 2014 – including a third straight nod for Outstanding Talk Variety Series, plus Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series. “Drunk History” earned three nominations, including its sixth straight for Outstanding Variety Sketch Series, and “Crank Yankers” scored its first-ever Emmy nomination. Additionally, Comedy Central Productions garnered two nominations for “Reno 911!”.
- Pop TV’s flagship comedy “Schitt’s Creek” scored a staggering 15 nominations, sweeping all major categories, including Outstanding Comedy Series for the second consecutive year.
- VH1’s “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” winner of the 2019 and 2018 Emmys for Outstanding Competition Program and for Outstanding Host, earned 13 nominations this year, including a fifth straight for RuPaul in the latter category.
The CBS Television Network, CBS All Access and CBS Television Studios together received a total of 34 Primetime Emmy nominations.
- CBS’ “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” – the #1 late night talk show on television – received three nominations, including its fourth straight for Outstanding Variety Talk Series.
- CBS All Access picked up six nominations, including five for original series “Star Trek: Picard” and one for “Star Trek: Short Treks.”
- CBS specials scored 10 nominations, including Outstanding Variety Special (Live) for the “The 73rd Annual Tony Awards” and multiple nods for “The 62nd Grammy Awards.”
- CBS Television Studios received 23 nominations, among them an Outstanding Comedy Series nod for “Dead to Me” (4) and an Outstanding Limited Series nod for “Unbelievable” (4). Short-form series “Most Dangerous Game” and “Carpool Karaoke: The Series” were also nominated.
SHOWTIME garnered four Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
- For his starring role in “Black Monday,” Don Cheadle was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, while “Homeland” executive producer Lesli Linka Glatter earned her sixth Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series. “Shameless”and “VICE” each received a nomination.
Additionally, Nickelodeon received an Emmy nomination for live-action kids’ series “Henry Danger.” Paramount Television Studios also earned three Primetime Emmy Award nominations, including two for “Defending Jacob” and one for “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.”
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
For more information about ViacomCBS, please visit www.viacombs.com and follow @ViacomCBS on social platforms.