DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "UK Ophthalmology Devices Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Ophthalmology Device Market in the United Kingdom is expected to grow, due to the rising number of eye-related diseases and disorders, and greater awareness among people.
According to the Royal National Institute of Blind People, as of 2017, there are around 350,000 people on the registers of blind and partially sighted people in the UK. A total of 173,735 are registered severely sight impaired and 176,125 are registered sight-impaired.
Further, the development of new ophthalmology devices and advanced techniques are favouring the growth of the market. Although the ophthalmology devices market displays great promise, due to the increasing number of eye problems, it still faces barriers, such as the risk associated with surgical procedures of the eye which might impede the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Contact Lens Segment Dominates the UK Ophthalmology Devices Market
- Contact lens or the corrective contact lenses are used for vision correction and functions the same way as conventional eyeglasses. There are different types of contact lenses available to correct different vision problems, including myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), and astigmatism (both near and far-sightedness).
- Since the past two decades, the number of contact lens wearers requiring presbyopic correction has grown significantly in recent years. The newer generation of contact lens, of both rigid and soft types, provide many advantages over the older generation of lenses.
- Advantages of contact lens over regular glasses, consumer's increasingly intensive usage of electronic devices across all age groups, aging population, and use of DD lenses in some geographies are primary drivers for this market.
- Moreover, the development of progressive contact lenses is expected to boost the market over the next few years, owing to their high growth opportunities. In November 2019, Johnson & Johnson Vision has launched its Acuvue Oasys contact lens with Transitions Light Intelligent Technology is now available across the UK.
- Though the category of customers changing lenses on a weekly basis has declined, the daily disposable category has exhibited continued growth. These trends are encouraging signs for the opportunities in the soft contact lens segment in the studied market.
UK Ophthalmology Devices is highly fragmented owing to the presence of more number of market players. Market players focus on continuous product development and offering OphthalmologyDevices at competitive prices especially in developing countries. The major players include Abbott, Alcon, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc., Cooper Vision Inc., Bausch & Lomb, Carl Zeiss AG, Topcon Corporation, and Nidek Co. Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Demographic Shift and Increasing Prevalence of Eye Diseases
4.2.2 Technological Advancements in Ophthalmic Devices
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Risk Associated with Ophthalmic Procedures
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Devices
5.1.1 Surgical Devices
126.96.36.199 Glaucoma Drainage Devices
188.8.131.52 Glaucoma Stents and Implants
184.108.40.206 Intraocular Lenses
220.127.116.11 Other Surgical Devices
5.1.2 Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
18.104.22.168 Autorefractors and Keratometers
22.214.171.124 Corneal Topography Systems
126.96.36.199 Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems
188.8.131.52 Optical Coherence Tomography Scanners
184.108.40.206 Other Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
5.1.3 Vision Correction Devices
220.127.116.11 Contact Lenses
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Alcon Inc.
6.1.2 Bausch Health Companies Inc.
6.1.3 Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
6.1.4 HAAG-Streit Group
6.1.5 IRIDEX Corporation
6.1.6 Johnson and Johnson
6.1.7 Nidek Co. Ltd.
6.1.8 Topcon Corporation
6.1.9 Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/geq3wx