GREEN WOOD VILLAGE, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CSG® (Nasdaq: CSGS) today released the results of a comprehensive new survey examining the correlation between customer experience (CX) and business growth. Conducted by Forrester Consulting, the commissioned survey engaged marketing and CX decision makers to reveal that despite access to more customer data than ever before, companies continue to struggle to harness this data to meet customer experience expectations.
“Around the world, companies are realizing the importance of using data to understand the evolving wants and needs of their customers,” said Brian Shepherd, executive vice president and group president, CSG. “And while companies have significantly increased the amount and type of customer data they collect, harnessing the power of that data to deliver a truly differentiated experience remains a significant challenge.”
Key findings of the study include:
Data is Abundant; However Internal Silos Stand in the Way of Delivering Good CX
- Eighty-five percent of companies surveyed have more data on their customers than two years ago; however less than one-third (29%) have high confidence in data quality.
- Only half (51%) of companies surveyed can use this data to personalize and customize interactions and less than half (46%) can orchestrate actions in real time.
- Decision makers surveyed indicated that the top challenges of delivering a good CX include the existence of internal silos (38%).
- Only 57% of executives agree that the CX budget has been spread across various departments to create a more integrated CX plan.
CX is a Primary Driver of Customer Retention and Growth
- Sixty-two percent of decision makers surveyed agree that more customers are making purchase decisions based on experience alone versus just two years ago.
- Customer demands that have changed in the last two years include increased demand for quicker response times (53%), increased demand for more personalization (59%) and increased desire for connected online and offline experiences (55%).
- Sixty percent of companies believe the failure to deliver a positive customer experience could likely result in decreased customer retention and 57% anticipated a possible decrease in sales or loss of company revenue.
Only with a better understanding of how to interpret and leverage customer data will companies be able to isolate, quantify, model and track opportunities to improve CX, operational efficiency and ultimately drive business results.
CSG is focused on helping companies create transformational experiences that drive customer loyalty and fuel long term business growth, and recently launched a new Experiences Practice to help companies strategize, design and deliver these experiences.
To view the full results of the CSG customer experience survey, “Great CX Cuts Cost And Drives Business Results,” visit here. To learn more about the CSG Experiences Practice, visit www.csgi.com/experiences.
For more than 35 years, CSG has simplified the complexity of business, delivering innovative customer engagement solutions that help companies acquire, monetize, engage and retain customers. Operating across more than 120 countries worldwide, CSG manages billions of critical customer interactions annually, and its award-winning suite of software and services allow companies across dozens of industries to tackle their biggest business challenges and thrive in an ever-changing marketplace. CSG is the trusted partner for driving digital innovation for hundreds of leading global brands, including AT&T, Charter Communications, Comcast, DISH, Eastlink, Formula One, Maximus, MTN and Telstra. To learn more, visit our website at csgi.com and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Copyright © 2020 CSG Systems International, Inc. and/or its affiliates (“CSG”). All rights reserved. CSG® is a registered trademark of CSG Systems International, Inc. All third party trademarks, service marks, and/or product names which are referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners, and all rights therein are reserved.