DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Satellites: Services, Launch, and Sharing Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for satellites is expected to witness growth over the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
The major factors driving growth are increasing demand from a range of application areas such as communications, remote sensing, mapping and navigation, space research, telemetry system, weather forecasting, and security and surveillance, among others, coupled with extensive research and development activities globally.
Studies and research on this subject have introduced a wide range of opportunities that involve the use of satellites. Due to the involvement of these latest technological developments, the market is expected to spread its operations and applications globally.
The satellite market is segmented into the following categories:
- By type of orbit: Low earth orbit (LEO), medium earth orbit (MEO), geosynchronous orbit (GEO) and elliptical orbit.
- By application: Technology development and demonstration, earth observation (remote sensing and weather forecasting), communications, space science and research, surveillance and security, and navigation and tracking.
- By end-user: Civil, commercial, military, and government.
In addition to surveying the industry and conducting a competitive analysis of the satellite market, this report also exhaustively covers patent analysis and includes a comprehensive list of company profiles of key players that are active in the global market.
The report includes:
- An overview of the global market for satellite communications technologies and a description of their commercial and social demand in most countries
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Discussion on the current market size, market forecast, market evolution, emerging technologies, components, and research and developments going on in the satellite communications technologies market
- A breakdown of satellite communications technologies, such as the Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), as well as end-use industries, such as automotive, transportation, healthcare, maritime, and energy
- Market share analysis of key market participants, their competitive landscape and profiles of major players in the market, including the Boeing Co., the China National Space Administration (CNSA), European Space Agency (ESA), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), RUAG Holding AG, Sierra Nevada
The market for satellites is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period
The global market for satellites is primarily driven by the increasing demand for high-speed mobile communication networks, high definition TV conversion, remote sensing, direct to home (DTH) television and intercontinental transmission in some of the developed economies.
Moreover, the continuous advancement of internet access and video diffusion (itself accelerated by the demand for digital TV) and the surging growth in communications and content broadcasting are anticipated to fuel the growth of the market for satellites across the world. In addition, a rise in space research technologies, surging demand for satellites across different application areas, and the emergence of satellite broadband and 5G network technology are anticipated to positively impact the growth of the market for satellites in the forecast period.
North America and the Asia-Pacific region are anticipated to hold dominant positions in the global market for satellites owing to rapid technological advancements in these regions, the presence of well established players and growing user demand for satellite-based services. The demand for satellites in the defense sector for applications such as military surveillance and navigation-based attack systems is fueling the demand for satellites in these regions. The global market for satellites has a diverse range of applications due to the numerous benefits satellites offer.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Research Methodology
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Regional Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Market Dynamics
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Type of Orbit
- Low Earth Orbit (LEO)
- Medium Earth Orbit (MEO)
- Geosynchronous Orbit (GEO)
- Elliptical Orbit
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Technology Development and Demonstration
- Earth Observation (Remote Sensing and Weather Forecasting)
- Space Science and Research
- Surveillance and Security
- Navigation and Tracking
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End-Use Sector
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Blue Origin LLC
- The Boeing Co.
- China National Space Administration (CNSA)
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- Gomspace A/S
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Innovative Solutions in Space B.V.
- Lockheed Martin Corp.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Ruag Holding AG
- Sierra Nevada Corp.
- State Corporation for Space Activities (Roscomos)
- Spacex (Space Exploration Technologies Corp.)
- Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc.
- United Launch Alliance LLC (ULA)
- Virgin Galactic
Chapter 9 Appendix: List of Satellites
- List of Satellites Launched
- List of Satellite Contractors and Their Launches as of 2018
- Comparison of Satellite Contractors' Launches, 2018 vs. 2019
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/oxjx7n