DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Sausages and Salami Market and the Impact of COVID-19 in the Medium Term" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report presents a strategic analysis of the global sausages and salami market and a forecast for its development in the medium term, taking into account the impact of COVID-19 on it. It provides a comprehensive overview of the market volume and value, dynamics, segmentation, characteristics, main players, prices, international trade, trends and insights, growth and demand drivers, challenges, etc.
The global sausages and salami market was equal to 104.4 billion USD (calculated in retail prices) in 2014. Until 2024, the sausages and salami market in the world is forecast to reach 158.3 billion USD (in retail prices), thus increasing at a CAGR of 3.71% per annum for the period 2019-2024. This is a decrease, compared to the growth of about 4.7% per year, registered in 2014-2018.
The average consumption per capita in value terms reached 30.3 USD per capita (in retail prices) in 2014. In the next five years, it grew at a CAGR of 1.02% per annum. In the medium term (by 2024), the indicator is forecast to speed up its growth and increase at a CAGR of 1.95% per annum.
The increasing populations and rising incomes, coupled with the constantly changing diets are one of the main factors driving demand for meat products in the last few years. Individuals all over the world are not only interested in, but also more informed about the link between health and diet. As a result, consumers tend to receive more of their calories from proteins (including meat products) as opposed to basic carbohydrates. There is an increasing number of people who are focusing on body building and muscle strengthening, but are also interested in protein for its long list of health benefits including weight loss, satiety and healthy aging. Furthermore, global issues such as the ageing populations and rising obesity and diabetes levels have further driven consumers towards more healthier choices.
There has been clear move towards premiumization in the industry over the last few years, led by customers' desire to eat less but better. Consumers are increasingly opting for quality, instead of quantity. In the same way, companies have also focused on new product development, offering more innovative premium products with higher quality, rather than focusing on high volumes and low prices. In addition, the number of people, who are paying attention to labelling is increasing. In fact, processed meat products with short ingredients list are considered better. Thus, companies also need to focus on transparency and simplicity regarding information, in order to gain customers' trust.
This is the most detailed (COVID-19 updated) and comprehensive report about the global sausages and salami market, covering all global regions and 151 single countries. The report presents information on each indicator for each of the 151 countries covered, offering unmatched value, accuracy and expert insights.
The report on the global sausages and salami market covers:
- Market volume, value and dynamics for the last five years;
- Market segmentation (by region and each covered country; by product groups, etc.) for the last five years;
- Analysis of the factors, influencing the market development (market trends and insights, drivers and challenges) and the impact COVID-19 has and will have on the market in both the short and the medium term;
- Value chain analysis and structure of price formation;
- Analysis of retail price levels and their dynamics for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Analysis of the major international trade flows;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of imports for the last five years;
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation (by region and each covered country) and analysis of exports for the last five years;
- Volume and dynamics of the average import and export prices for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Volume, value, dynamics, segmentation and analysis of per capita consumption for the last five years (broken down by region and each covered country);
- Forecast for market development in the medium term (volume, value and segmentation by region and each covered country);
- Characteristics of the main players on the market;
- Analysis of the competitive landscape;
- Five Forces analysis;
Analysis and forecast for the global economy and demographics.
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
- Annie's Homegrown
- Ariake Japan Co. Ltd.
- Associated British Foods PLC
- Baria Pepper
- Bolton Group
- Campbell Soup Co.
- Conagra Food Inc.
- Del Monte Food
- General Mills Inc.
- Hormel Foods Corp.
- Kensington & Sons
- Kikkoman Corporation
- Kroger Co.
- Mars Inc.
- Mccormick & Company
- Nestle Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Unilever PLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pb8ytv