FARMINGTON, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The walls may feel like they’re closing in at home, but at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, things are starting to open up. Beginning May 8, Falling Rock at Nemacolin is reopening and offering a limited number of guests the exclusive opportunity to restore, reset and relax in their own private oasis.
Situated on 2,000 acres, Nemacolin is uniquely positioned to usher in the new normal of five-star service. Our private butlers will provide each guest of our Falling Rock hotel a customized itinerary and the resort will be staffed to support those itineraries as needed.
“As one of the largest employers in Fayette County, I have a responsibility to my people and my community to reopen as soon and as safely as we can,” said Nemacolin’s owner, Maggie Hardy Knox. “We have the ability to get our people back to work and give back to the community, all while giving a limited number of guests an opportunity to safely take a break from the stress of the last month.”
The “Find Your Oasis” experience is limited to 40 guest rooms. Within 72 hours of booking, one of Nemacolin’s private butlers will contact guests to develop detailed itineraries for their stays. Upon arriving, each party will drive to their pre-assigned parking spots and proceed to a Keyless/No Interaction check-in procedure. Throughout their stay, dedicated butlers will be available 24/7 via phone call, text and video call to take care of any and every need.
Nemacolin is following guidance from public health authorities regarding social distancing, cleaning and personal protective equipment and has consulted with nationally-renowned medical experts to provide clinical and scientific guidance on resuming resort operations.
Last week, Dr. Gavin Macgregor-Skinner, an infectious disease expert from Penn State and former Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer (disease detective) with the US CDC, visited Nemacolin to train employees on infection prevention and control.
“COVID-19 is going to force the travel and tourism industry to make some very difficult and fundamental changes,” said Dr. Macgregor-Skinner. “Adults learn by doing and Nemacolin has made necessary changes and trained its staff using drills and exercises in order to protect its guests from the coronavirus while still providing a safe, first-class experience.”
- All guests will be provided with a VIP amenity packet that will include a mask, a 10oz bottle of hand sanitizer and a variety of pre-selected, sanitized and pre-packaged snacks/drinks.
- Customized itineraries will let guests take advantage of the entire resort while still adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- All associates use a separate entrance where they are screened upon coming into work each day. This includes taking their temperature via thermal scanner, proper sanitizing and providing personal protective equipment if they are going to be interacting with guests or preparing/serving food. Associates will also be required to wear an approved mask while on the property.
Private butlers are available to book the following amenities at each guest’s request:
- Exclusive 18-hole golf
- Select spa services (conducted in exclusive Spa Suite, located on guest floor) – offered to guests only
- Contactless room service, private table dining, and a picnic experience, all featuring a “Taste of Nemacolin” – a curated menu of the best offerings from all the resort’s restaurants
- Private access to the Auto Toy Store Museum, the Airplane Hanger Museum, and the Reflection Art Museum
- 2,000 acres of outdoor walking/biking trails
- Sanitary pet grooming and 1:1 pet sitting
- Personal shopping experiences at the Laurel Lane Shops
- Private shooting academy experience
- Private fly/spinning fishing experiences
- Private safari/wildlife experiences
- Private miniature golf experience
- Private paintball target experience
- Bike rental
- Personalized cookie decorating kits
- Private movie theater experience
- Portable fitness kit (yoga mat, block, towel, TheraBand) for purchase
- Private tennis courts
- Private basketball court
At the recommendation of our medical experts, only 40 rooms at Falling Rock will be made available. To book a stay, please visit www.nemacolin.com.
Tucked in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is a four-season playground nestled within 2,000 acres. Nemacolin offers diverse lodging options, including the AAA Five-Diamond Falling Rock boutique hotel; an impressive assortment of dining outlets, including the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; and an art collection of various mediums. The adventurer may choose from a range of activities: Pete Dye-designed golf, fly-fishing or off-road driving. The Zen-seeker may find serenity in the Woodlands Spa or balance at the Holistic Healing Center. Nemacolin also boasts 32,000 square feet of space for meetings and special events, making this resort the ideal choice for everything from weddings to corporate retreats. For more information, please visit www.nemacolin.com.
ABOUT GAVIN MACGREGOR-SKINNER
Dr. Macgregor-Skinner has more than 25 years of technical experience in emergency management and infectious disease surveillance and response and has worked with U.S. and international governments, United Nations agencies, and the private sector in the U.S., Africa, Asia, Middle East, and Latin America. He is an assistant professor in the Department of Public Health Sciences at Penn State Hershey College of Medicine and Director of Global Disaster Response for the BIDMC Fellowship in Disaster Medicine affiliated with Harvard Medical School. He has appeared on CNN, BBC, Canada CTV, Australia ABC, C-SPAN, and other news outlets to share his expertise on Ebola, Influenza, Measles, Cholera, Zika outbreaks and other global health threats. After serving in the Australian and British militaries, he was selected by the U.K. Department for International Development for its Associate Professional Officer Scheme. He learned epidemiology as an epidemic intelligence service officer at the U.S. CDC and was a global health fellow at USAID. His passion is engaging networks of experts who share knowledge and experiences to risk the global understanding of risk and safety.