DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Tortilla Market to 2027 - Global Analysis and Forecasts By Nature; Source; Product type; Distribution Channel" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global tortilla market accounted for US$ 37,865.2 Mn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period 2019 - 2027, to account to US$ 59,444.8 Mn by 2027. Tortilla is a thin and flat bread made up of wheat and corn. Different types of tortillas are available in the market including tortilla chips, taco shells, tostadas, and many more. High nutritive properties associated with tortilla is expected to fuel the market growth. Different types of tortillas are quite popular in North America and European countries mainly in the US, Italy and Mexico.
Based on source, the tortilla market is categorized into the wheat and corn. The corn-based tortilla segment is dominating the tortilla market. The corn tortilla is the traditional form of a tortilla. Many corn tortillas were developed through an industrial nixtamalization process. Although traditional tortillas are made from 100% maize, they can be made from dehydrated maize flour. Corn tortillas are low in fat and low in sodium and contain calcium, potassium and fiber. Fiber is essential for digestion and cardiac health, while magnesium plays an important role in your brain, heart and muscle. The corn tortilla gains more popularity over the wheat and the other multigrain tortilla because they contain gluten, which is a type of protein that some people are allergic to.
High nutritive properties associated with tortillas is driving this market. Both the wheat-based and corn-based tortilla are available in the market. But corn-based tortilla is more popular among the consumers, due to the properties associated with it. In a 100-gram amount, a raw corn tortilla supplies 218 calories and is a rich source of (20% or higher of the Daily Value (DV)) phosphorus (45% DV) and magnesium (20% DV). It is a moderate source of (10-19% DV) of vitamin B6, niacin, manganese, and zinc. Corn tortillas are the base for many traditional Mexican dishes, such as tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, flautas, quesadillas, chilaquiles, and tortilla soup. Warmed corn tortillas are often served as an accompaniment to stews, soups, grilled meats, and other dishes. Corn tortillas are also deeply fried to make crispy tortilla chips. In the US, wheat flour tortillas are often used for burritos and quesadillas.
Reasons to Buy
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global tortilla market, thereby allowing players to develop effective long term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth the market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to products, segmentation and industry verticals.
Key Market Drivers
- Growing Demand for Plant-Based Products Offered by Manufacturers
- High Nutritive Properties Associated with Tortilla
Key Market Restraints
- Availability of Substitutes
Key Market Opportunities
- Growing Demand for Organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten-Free Food Items
- Product Promotion through E-Commerce
Increasing Inclination Toward Ready-to-Eat and Ready-to-Cook Food Items
- GRUMA, S.A.B. de C.V
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Easy Foods Inc.
- La Tortilla Factory
- Liven, S.A.
- Ole Mexican Foods Inc.
- Catallia Mexican Foods
- Aranda's Tortilla Company, Inc.
- Arevalo Tortilleria, Inc.
Azteca Foods, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6q6292