SPRINGFIELD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Horace Mann Educators Corp (NYSE: HMN) today announced a comprehensive Teacher Appreciation Relief Program. The company will credit customers with 15% of two months of auto premiums, subject to regulatory approval, because driving has declined as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This comes in addition to other financial relief the company is providing customers during the COVID-19 pandemic, including coverage continuity and a grace period available for payments due through June 30 on auto, property, supplemental and life insurance coverages.
“Our mission is to help our customers protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow,” stressed Marita Zuraitis, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Appreciating the work that educators do has always been a part of who we are, and this is our way of letting them know that we are here for them.”
In addition to the Teacher Appreciation Relief Program that Horace Mann is providing during this period of unprecedented events, educator customers are also benefiting from:
- Personal auto coverage extended to individuals delivering food, medicine and other essential goods at no additional charge.
- Fraud advisory protection built into our Educator Advantage Program for all home, condo and renters customers that protects against the increased risk of identity theft with increased online activity.
- New information on financial market volatility to help educators make informed decisions about their retirement savings.
- Guidance and information on the CARES Act impact on federal student loan forgiveness programs and retirement savings for educators.
In addition, Horace Mann has also enhanced support for educators, employees and local communities:
- Sponsoring complimentary access to HealthWorld’s online library of lesson plans and educational materials as well as hundreds of thousands of downloadable lessons from respected educational resources to help teachers adapting to remote learning.
- Augmenting our ongoing DonorsChoose programs with a $100,000 contribution to support “Keep Kids Learning,” an initiative to help teachers equip the most vulnerable students with educational materials at home, targeted to the communities where we have significant employee concentration.
- Supporting the community of Horace Mann’s headquarters location, including contributions to the United Way of Central Illinois and The Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln COVID-19 Response Fund and The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Relief Fund.
- Focusing on health and safety where we conduct business operations, where we quickly moved more than 95% of our workforce to remote without reducing our service levels.
“For 75 years we’ve been focused on helping solve the issues that educators face,” Zuraitis said. “As America is now better recognizing, educators deserve full appreciation and support for what they do every day.”
About Horace Mann
Horace Mann is the largest financial services company focused on providing America's educators and school employees with insurance and retirement solutions. Founded by Educators for Educators® in 1945, the company is headquartered in Springfield, Ill. For more information, visit horacemann.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements included in this news release that are not historical in nature are forward-looking within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties. Horace Mann is not under any obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Please refer to the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019 and the company's past and future filings and reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for information concerning the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements.