NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mark Pickrell announced today that he is running to represent the state of Tennessee in the U.S. Senate. He has been qualified by Secretary of State Tre Hargett for the August 6 Democratic primary. The general election will be held on November 3, 2020.
“I believe that it’s time for us to choose Main Street over Wall Street. The people of Tennessee—Democrats, Independents and Republicans alike—want and deserve an economy that is stable and that works for everyone. I would be honored to serve the state of Tennessee and provide the leadership not only needed today, but for a better future,” stated Pickrell.
Born and raised in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Pickrell is a graduate of Harvard College and the University of Tennessee who lives in Nashville. He is a family man, married for 25 years, and the father of three daughters. An entrepreneur and attorney, Pickrell has practiced law at the highest levels for nearly three decades, and is an ordained Baptist deacon who loves to hunt and fish.
“Given events in the world today, building a solid economic foundation for our communities and families is more critical than ever,” said Pickrell. “I’ve developed a comprehensive plan to help restore sanity to America’s economy and ensure the future of our children and grandchildren.”
Pickrell’s 7-Point Plan for Economic Security includes the following areas of focus:
1. Emergency Action — stabilize the economy and protect the American people, without bailing out Wall Street
2. Financial Market Reform — build a more stable foundation for our economy
3. Health Insurance — improve availability and flexibility, while reducing costs
4. Employment — enhance the individual dignity of the American worker, particularly women who work
5. Retirement Plans — simplify and make more flexible and portable for the American worker
6. Higher Education —make college affordable without excessive student debt
7. National Debt — reduce methodically and impose self-restraint
For additional information regarding Mark Pickrell and his economic plan, please visit www.pickrell2020.net.