DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "6-Hour Virtual Seminar on Project Management for Non-Project Managers" webinar has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This virtual seminar will address those project management critical tasks within each project phase that must be performed flawlessly for effective project execution to occur and will provide the foundation and direction for future study of the subject.
Why you should attend
It is not possible to present a complete treatment of project management in the span of 6-hours. It is however, possible to focus in on those most important aspects of project management that are critical to the success of any project. Without basic tools, it is not possible to effectively manage a project to the pre-determined end-date without turmoil and chaos.
We have distilled the key aspects of project management into three two-hour virtual seminar segments that will logically move participants from the beginning of the project management process to the end - from initiating the project to closing the project.
The seminar is designed to build a working understanding of the subject and for a quick start-up for those unanticipated project management assignments.
Key Topics Covered:
Lecture 1 - Introduction to Project Management - An Overview
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- The project manager's role
- What is effective project management?
- The five stages of a project
- The triple constraint, collaboration and flexibility
- Project management pitfalls
- Determine and specify the business need
- Identify the project expectations, resources, and budgets - project scope statement/project charter
- Determine your project audience, i.e. project stakeholders, initiator, and champion(s)
- How to work and interact with your audience
- Determine/craft project objectives
- What are the project's constraints?
Lecture 2 - Specifying the project work to be done and establish the project's timing and resource requirements
- Develop the work breakdown structure
- Naming key tasks
- Making assumptions
- Special project situations
- Long-term project planning
- Displaying the work breakdown structure
- Categorizing project work
- What to document
- Purpose and function of the network diagram
- Reading and interpreting a network diagram
- Creating the network diagram
- Develop the initial schedule
- Determine activity durations
- Gaming the schedule
- Determine team member skills that are needed
- Estimate the human resource requirement
- Meeting resource commitments
- Resolve resource overloads and conflicts
- Handling multiple projects
- Developing the budget
Lecture 3 - Risk, the project team, project management and control
- Risk factors and risks
- Identifying the risk factors
- Risk types
- Assessing and weighing risk
- Determine consequences
- Develop a risk mitigation strategy
- Develop your risk management plan
- Organizational structures for managing projects
- Define the key players and their roles
- Team member roles and responsibilities
- Assigning project tasks
- Authority versus responsibility
- The RACI Chart
- Developing team operational strategies and procedures
- Managing team activities
- Developing your team
- Managing team and individual team member performance
- Working cross-culturally
- Collaboration and flexibility - how are they executed and managed successfully
- Scope creep and how it is managed
- Tracking and reporting progress
- Work-effort tracking
- Managing the budget
- Communicating effectively - how to make it work
- When things go wrong - scheduling alternatives
- Charles H. Paul is the President of C. H. Paul Consulting, Inc. - a regulatory, manufacturing, training, and technical documentation consulting firm - celebrating its twentieth year in business in 2017. Charles has been a regulatory and management consultant and an Instructional Technologist for 30 years and has published numerous white papers on various regulatory and training subjects. The firm works with both domestic and international clients designing solutions for complex training and documentation issues.
For more information about this webinar visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hxgt66