OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Orion Advisor Solutions, ("Orion"), the premier provider of financial advisor technology and investment solutions, today celebrates reaching $1 trillion in assets under administration, powering more than 2,000 advisory firms’ independence and growth.
Orion reaches this milestone at the dawn of its 21st year in business after rising from its roots in 1999, when founder and CEO Eric Clarke made it his mission to develop the best portfolio management software on the market after the hunt for an adequate system for his growing RIA turned up empty. This unique beginning has driven Orion’s understanding of how financial technology and investment management can not only support a firm’s operations but also transform advisors’ experiences and expectations for growth.
“Twenty years ago, I could not have imagined the sheer number of firms experiencing the same challenges that would afford us the unique opportunity to help advisors operationalize their visions for success,” Clarke said. “No matter a firm’s size, makeup or ambition, we’re grateful to play an active role in their journey to independence and success.”
This past year revealed the accelerated pace of Orion’s growth trajectory, as their vision behind major strategic initiatives and product enhancements reflected what users identified as needs to thrive in a disruptive, rapidly changing landscape. In 2019, Orion:
- Delivered a more cohesive suite of advisor tech, TAMP and investment services under a unified brand identity and business strategy
- Acquired Advizr’s financial planning engine, allowing Orion to offer the critically important foundations of planning and best-in-class portfolio management technology in one central platform
- Offered advisors the ability to efficiently scale the creation of personalized, direct-indexed portfolios by fusing its custom SMA optimizer with its fully integrated, tax-intelligent rebalancing platform
- Empowered compliance officers to automate an otherwise time-intensive, complex employee trade monitoring process to help confirm compliance or proactively identify potential Code of Ethics violations before the SEC does
- Released a brand-new client communication tool that automates the creation and delivery of texts and emails to celebrate milestones (e.g. birthdays or anniversaries) and address timely account updates (e.g. trades or distributions)
“It has been exciting to watch Orion’s growth as it has evolved to serve the increasingly complex needs of financial institutions,” said Jon Baum, the executive chair of Orion’s board of directors. “The feedback we received from the advisor community and their input into our technology roadmap made this success possible, and we are grateful for it.”
Clarke continued, “Our users are not content to sit back and let market lift do the work. We service stand-out entrepreneurs who challenge us every day to raise the bar and find better ways to serve them. Every new tech enhancement, integration, partnership or service we’ve launched has enabled us to do more for our advisor clients. Our success is driven by their success, and I promise you’ll see more growth milestones from us soon.”
About Orion Advisor Solutions
Orion Advisor Solutions offers a personalized financial management platform at scale, including best-in-class financial technology, comprehensive investment solutions and responsive support services to help fiduciary-minded advisors and firms of all sizes realize their unique visions for success. Through our subsidiary organizations, Orion Advisor Tech, Orion Portfolio Solutions, CLS Investments and Constellation Trust Company, our clients range from boutique RIAs to enterprise-level firms, all of which use Orion’s continuum of solutions and integrations to better serve their clients, gain a competitive edge in a crowded marketplace and build strong, profitable businesses. Learn more at www.orion.com.