CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SpotHero, the leader in digital parking and the largest place to buy and sell parking in North America, today announced the expansion of its executive leadership team with new additions Jim Terpstra, Vice President of Corporate and Business Development; Eric Brooke, Vice President of Engineering; and Matt DiBari, Vice President of Product; as well as the promotions of Nate Phillips, a 20-year transportation industry veteran named Vice President, Enterprise Sales and Client Development and Sandy Schwarz, named Vice President of Finance and Accounting. The appointments come on the heels of a year of continued expansion in which the company filled 97 positions.
“Last year was a busy one for our recruiting team, and we’re thrilled to be continuing the momentum heading into 2020,” said Tiff Voltz, Chief People Officer at SpotHero. “We’re always looking for exceptional humans to join our inclusive team in Chicago and across the country, and are actively searching for talented candidates for thirty different roles across engineering, product, sales, customer support, and data science.”
SpotHero has been recognized for Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2017), named a top company for women (2017), and most was most recently named a Best Place to Work in Chicago 2020 by Built In for the second year in a row.
Accelerating Product Development
With the addition of Eric Brooke and Matt DiBari, SpotHero is accelerating product development to fuel the digitization of the $30 billion US parking industry. Since announcing a $50 million Series D of financing led by Macquarie Capital in 2019, SpotHero has added 40 new product and engineering roles.
- As VP of Engineering, Eric Brooke is leading all engineering efforts, from day-to-day development and execution to the strategic application of emerging technologies in the off-street parking market.
- As VP of Product, Matt DiBari, who joins the company from Cars.com, leads the overall product vision for SpotHero across consumer, operator and platform products.
“The parking industry is at an inflection point when it comes to technology,” said Larry Kiss, co-founder and CTO, SpotHero. “While much progress has been made to digitize parking, the opportunity ahead remains massive. Emerging technologies ranging from smart city solutions to artificial intelligence promise to improve the driver experience and simultaneously help operators grow revenue, all while bolstering the quality of life in cities. I’m thrilled to welcome Matt and Eric to the SpotHero team to guide product and engineering at such a critical time in our industry’s growth.”
Accelerating Enterprise Growth
SpotHero also announced today the promotion of Nate Phillips to Vice President, Enterprise Sales and Client Development and the addition of Jim Terpstra as Vice President, Business and Corporate Development.
- As VP of Enterprise Sales and Client Development, Nate Phillips is working with the parking industry’s largest operators to foster technology innovation and adoption across the industry. Phillips joined SpotHero in 2016. Previously, he applied his technology and operations expertise at Propark and Urban Mobility Now, where he served as Senior Vice President and worked to scale one of the largest parking and transportation companies in the United States.
- As VP of Business and Corporate Development, Jim Terpstra is working to expand strategic partnerships with technology and mobility companies using SpotHero’s parking mobility platform. Previously, Jim held various roles at Groupon including Senior Director of Corporate Development and most recently the Global Head of Strategy and Partnerships for Groupon Coupons. Jim’s roles at Groupon focused on driving growth and global strategy, primarily through the sourcing and execution of acquisitions, divestitures, strategic partnerships, and investments.
SpotHero also announced today the promotion of Sandy Schwarz, Vice President of Finance and Accounting. Schwarz joined SpotHero as Controller in 2017 and has helped transform SpotHero’s financial reporting to meet the growing needs of our internal management and investors.
- As VP of Finance and Accounting, Sandy works cross-functionally to ensure that all of SpotHero’s financials are in tip top shape. Previously, Sandy held accounting and finance leadership roles at Britannica, MMPI, and Bumble and bumble.
Accelerating industry adoption has propelled SpotHero’s business to new heights in 2019. Last year the company:
- Raised $50 million in Series D financing led by Macquarie Capital
- Parked its 30 millionth car
- Added more than 1,300 new parking facilities, exceeding 7,000 facilities across North America
- Added 200 new airport parking facilities serving 61 airports, and launched new partnerships with The Parking Spot, Toronto Pearson International Airport, and The South Terminal at Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Added 300+ new events and venue partners, including the United Center, home of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks; PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks; and the American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat
- Launched SpotHero for Fleets to provide parking solutions to shared and corporate fleet vehicles
“In 2019 SpotHero hit a number of important milestones, raised capital and recruited key leaders across the company," said Mark Lawrence, co-founder and CEO of SpotHero. "As we look ahead in 2020, our team will continue to grow our consumer marketplace, build tools for parking operators and double down on helping connect the parking industry with new technology and mobility partners.”
For more information about SpotHero, visit http://spothero.com.
SpotHero is the digital parking leader and the largest place to buy and sell parking in North America. Millions of drivers use SpotHero’s mobile apps and website to find, book and access parking in more than 7,000 locations across 300 cities. Leading mobility companies use the SpotHero developer platform to power seamless parking at scale for fleets, connected cars, and urban mobility solutions. For more information, visit SpotHero.com.