NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NRF 2020--Cavender's, a specialty retailer of western and work footwear, apparel, and accessories, is set to modernize store execution with Kronos Task Management. Built for the future of work in retail, the automated task solution from Kronos Incorporated redefines how store workloads are assigned, tracked, and validated to help retailers operate at peak efficiency. The solution is the most recent workforce application to be adopted by the family-owned chain in its continued expansion of Kronos, and will streamline how Cavender’s communicates tasks to stores, elevating the role of its managers to more effectively deliver exceptional experiences for customers.
- Kronos has been a strategic component throughout almost a decade of Cavender’s growth, as the Texas-based retailer originally selected Kronos in 2011 – when it had just 54 stores – to automate its HR, payroll, timekeeping, and scheduling processes. Today, Cavender’s operates a growing chain of more than 80 stores across 11 states and continues to evolve its workforce management SaaS strategy with Kronos.
The Kronos task solution will simplify the entire task management process at Cavender’s and fuel accountability among corporate and store management teams.
- The automated cloud solution streamlines how tasks are communicated and executed and will provide immediate value to managers, who previously used email to communicate tasks ad hoc. With the ability to add visual instruction to any task, Cavender’s will ensure corporate standards are maintained at every location.
- District managers will have real-time visibility into the status of assigned tasks as well as multiple options within the application to confirm completion and quality of work, including photo validation, across all stores in their region – a compelling feature for field leaders overseeing large districts.
- Intuitive dashboards provide anytime-access to distributed workload – as well as reference materials and training videos – and will be accessible to management teams via in-store tablets and desktop computers. District managers will additionally be given access via their personal mobile device.
Looking ahead, Cavender’s will extend the power of its task management solution to deliver an enriched experience for managers and associates.
- Once fully adopted by management, Cavender’s plans to introduce the task solution to associates. Empowering store managers to assign priority tasks directly to their teams will help balance store workload, thereby delivering a superior employee experience and driving higher productivity.
- Integrating task data with labor insights will, in the future, enable Cavender’s to fine-tune labor forecasting and create employee schedules to align with store workload.
Jillian Wiese, director of store operations, Cavender’s
“Although we were founded on the belief of creating success through hard work, technology for the modern workplace now enables Cavender’s to work smarter, not harder. Our decade-long partnership with Kronos has optimized both customer service and productivity and is keeping us on the leading edge of workplace automation in retail. We started with payroll, compliance management, and scheduling, and keep adding on – achieving more consistency and accountability in our stores as we go. Adopting Kronos Task Management in 2020 will be the next strategic step forward for Cavender’s and certainly not the last.”
Amanda Nichols, senior manager, retail, hospitality, and food service practice group, Kronos
“2020 marks an exciting new decade in retail as automation and intelligent technology in stores and fulfilment centers propels workforce productivity to new heights. It’s not the change management-nightmare we once feared; today’s workplace technology doesn’t have to be complicated or complex to implement. Kronos solutions built for retail environments can streamline any procedure or task, making it simple for managers to run stores and for associates to reach their fullest potential at work. With Kronos Task Management, Cavender’s will empower its managers and help all employees be more productive.”
- About Cavender's.
- Simplify the entire task management process and see why leading organizations across retail, hospitality, and food service are selecting Kronos Task Management to elevate the employee experience and increase customer satisfaction.
- See how Kronos delivers HR, pay, talent, task, and time that simply works: Visit booth #5437 or request a meeting at NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show, Jan. 12-14, in New York City.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube, and join the NRF conversation with #NRF2020.
- Read the fourth anthology from The Workforce Institute at Kronos titled, “Being Present: A Practical Guide for Transforming the Employee Experience of Your Frontline Workforce.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.