-

Media Release: CUPE Local 2669 Ratifies Tentative Agreement

SASKATOON, Saskatchewan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Workers at the Saskatoon Public Library (SPL) have ratified a tentative collective agreement.

After more than three years of bargaining, on November 27, 2019 CUPE Local 2669 and the SPL reached a tentative agreement via a voluntary mediation process. The last collective agreement expired on December 31, 2016.

“The wage increases are meager in contrast to the money SPL has directed into its reserves for a new building. It is our position that employees should be given first preference over a new building and structure,” said Rhonda Heisler, the CUPE national representative. “However, we were able to jointly clarify and expand many processes in the collective agreement, including grievances, layoff and recall, sick leave, and other leaves.”

The SPL’s proposal for general wage increases and effective dates is as follows:

December 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018

1.5%

July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018

0.5%

January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019

1.75%

January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020

1.75%

The new contract will expire December 31, 2020.

CUPE Local 2669 represents 270 public library workers in the City of Saskatoon at nine Saskatoon Public Library locations.

Contacts

Tria Donaldson, CUPE communications representative at 306.531.6247.

Canadian Union of Public Employees


Release Versions

Contacts

Tria Donaldson, CUPE communications representative at 306.531.6247.

More News From Canadian Union of Public Employees

CUPE holds solidarity rally outside Villa Marconi, amid growing pile-up in the laundry department

OTTAWA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The residents of Villa Marconi are running out of clean laundry, and it is due to negligent policy making by management. In June, members of CUPE 4793 held an information picket outside the long-term care facility on Baseline Road to call out the callous layoffs in the laundry and environmental services department. Since then, management has cut hours for union workers and begun a campaign of retaliation and harassment against union members. Workers have been sent home...

CUPE, ONA and OPSEU to rally against 101 job cuts at the Queensway-Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, as provincial hospital funding cuts hit patient care

OTTAWA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In July, the Queensway-Carleton announced that it would be cutting 101 jobs at the hospital, including 87 nurses, seven housekeepers, and four emergency department personal care aides. The hospital is citing insufficient funding amidst rising costs of operations including drugs, salaries, and supplies. CUPE is joining forces with the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) and OPSEU to hold a rally on August 19 to demand that the hospital reverse the cuts. They are also calli...

Ottawa’s Inaction Lets Smith Destroy Health Care

EDMONTON, AB--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CUPE Alberta President Raj Uppal is calling out the Liberal government in Ottawa for its inaction while the UCP dramatically expands private, patient paid health care in the province. “It’s been almost a year since the UCP passed Bill 11, allowing wealthy patients to buy their way to the front of the line for health care services,” said Uppal. “After all that time, Minister Michel this week sent a sternly worded note to the province asking them to change direction...
Back to Newsroom