NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BigID, the leader in privacy-oriented data discovery, intelligence and automation today announced that it has raised $50 million in new funding from Tiger Global less than four months after previously raising a $50M Series C. The new capital will be used to deliver new products in privacy and protection of personal data along with expansion of go-to-market strategies across the globe.
With $144 million raised in less than two years, BigID has established itself as a leader in privacy-centric data discovery and intelligence to help enterprises automate privacy compliance activities like data access rights, data sharing management, and consent governance. With the California Consumer Privacy Act becoming law in 2020 and new state and global regulations set to follow, BigID is poised to build on this leadership to help enterprises better know and better protect their most important data crown jewels.
“Since starting in 2016, BigID has aimed to rethink how organizations provide data accountability to their customers through more intelligent data accounting,” explained Dimitri Sirota, CEO and co-founder of BigID. “Before BigID, data privacy was largely about policy and process. BigID put data at the center, redefining how enterprises find, manage and protect their most important asset: their customer and employee data. The new funding reflects the success BigID has achieved with customers and partners in a few short years and positions the company to maintain its innovation leadership for years to come.”
Some highlights from the past two years include:
- 2019 sales growth of 4x over 2018
- $44M raised in 2018 followed by $100M raised in 2019 https://bigid.co/A https://www.bigid.co/B https://www.bigid.co/C
- Introduced first-of-its-kind identity correlation technology for finding and mapping personal data to any person across any data source
- Introduced first data access request fulfillment technology into the privacy market for automating CCPA and GDPR data rights https://www.bigid.co/privacyautomation
- Won the 2018 RSA Innovation Sandbox followed by 17 other awards and commendations for data, privacy and security innovation
- Global sales expansion to Europe, Latin America and Asia https://bigid.co/global
- Achievement of Microsoft co-sell ready status https://bigid.co/cosell-ready/
- Becoming an SAP Solex global reseller https://bigid.co/sap-solex
- Introduced BigID Enterprise, with an expanded set of automations
- Strategic investment by Salesforce Ventures https://medium.com/salesforce-ventures/bigid
- Introduced the industry’s first data discovery and intelligence solution for modern data pipelines like Kafka and Kinesis https://www.bigid.co/kafka
- Joining the AWS marketplace https://bigid.co/aws
Based in New York and Tel Aviv, BigID uses advanced machine learning and identity intelligence to help enterprises better protect their customer and employee data at petabyte scale. Using BigID, enterprises can better safeguard and assure the privacy of their most sensitive data, reducing breach risk and enabling compliance with emerging data protection regulations like the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act. BigID has raised $146 million in funding since its founding in 2016 and has been recognized for its privacy innovation as the 2018 RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox winner, a CB Insights 2018 Cyber Defender, Network Products Guide 2018 IT World Awards “Hot Company of the Year” winner, a 2019 InformationWeek Vendor to Watch, a 2019 Business Insider enterprise vendor “to bet your career on,” and a 2019 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. Learn more at http://bigid.com or visit us at http://bigid.com/demo to schedule a demo.
About Tiger Global Management:
Tiger Global Management, LLC is an investment firm that deploys capital globally. The firm's fundamentally oriented investments focus primarily on the global Internet, software, financial technology, consumer and industrial sectors. The private equity strategy has a ten-year investment horizon and targets growth-oriented private companies. Such investments have included Spotify, Harry's, Warby Parker, Peloton, JD.com, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yandex, Mail.ru Group, Despegar, Ola and Flipkart. The public equity efforts emphasize deep due diligence on individual companies and long-term secular themes. Tiger Global Management, LLC was founded in 2001 and is based in New York with affiliate offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangalore and Melbourne.