This report includes:
- Information on production capabilities towards efficient mass production and new products for current applications
- Review of the complex issues relevant to diffractive optics and global market analysis of diffractive optical elements market by type and by application
- Analysis of the market size and growth rate of diffractive optical elements by segment/application for the upcoming next five years
- A look at the outcome of relevant patents in the last 20 years according to region and by assignee
Most of the currently used optical elements, such as lenses, optical filters, prisms, mirrors, as well as their various combinations, which can be found in optical instruments and devices, bend incoming light rays by refraction or transmission depending on their shape and their refractive index.
However, there are other optical phenomena such as diffraction and interference of light, for example, that cannot be explained by the ray tracing method since their origin depends on the physical nature of light; but it can be explained by physical optics.
Optical elements that operate on the principles of diffraction to control the wavefront - specifically, its phase and amplitude - are referred to as diffractive optical elements (DOEs). Diffractive optical element is a generic term that includes various optical elements such as: Fresnel lens, Fresnel zone plates, holographic optical elements, elements based on binary optics, diffraction gratings, as well as other diffractive optical elements, namely, surface-relief diffractive lenses, collimators, filters, holographic optical elements (HOE) and computer-generated holograms.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Technology Highlights and Market Outlook
- Introduction: What is Diffractive Optics?
- Diffraction-Based Devices: Binary Optics vs. Diffractive Optics
- Advantages of Diffractive Optical Elements (DOEs)
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Types of Diffractive Optical Elements (DOEs)
- Specific Applications of DOEs
- Optics and Lasers
- Patents Granted in the Last 20 Years
- Major Players in the Field of DOEs
- Market Forecast
List of Tables
Table 1: Main Properties of Diffractive Optical Elements
Table 2: Main Applications of DOEs, by Industry Segment
Table 3: Main Optics and Laser Applications of DOEs
Table 4: Total Number of Publications Including Papers and Patents for Various Types of DOEs, 2009-September 2019
Table 5: Major Companies and Their Main DOE Products
Table 6: Global Diffractive Optical Elements Market, by Segment, 2019-2024
List of Figures
Figure 1: Common Optical Setup.
Figure 2: Beam Intensity and Spatial Configuration Control Examples
Figure 3: Strehl ratio noise elimination
Figure 4: Aberration Correction
Figure 5: Number of Patents Issued by Various Patent Agencies, 1999-2018
Figure 6: Number of Granted Patents During the Indicated Time Intervals, 1999-2018
Figure 7: Global Diffractive Optical Elements Market, by Segment, 2019-2024
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pab25z